Media Relations Rep 2 - (STA007703)
Enhances the image of the university by representing the university's UH Energy initiative to the local and national media, and various other internal and external stakeholders.
- Garners media coverage for the colleges to promote the university's UH Energy initiative by promoting groundbreaking research, curriculum, technology transfer, programming, collaborations and other activities at that contribute to the city, state and national economies and well-being.
- Works closely with the chief energy officer and various faculty affiliated with UH Energy, focusing on media exposure for energy-related research and events, as well as taking on projects including editing the UH Energy blog hosted by Forbes. Involves editing, research, cultivating engaging blog topics, occasional writing and frequent rewriting/editing.
- Manage UH Energy Scholar(s) for the production of UH Energy blog posts and writing or editing other articles as requested. Serves as primary editor of their work.
- Serve as editor for the UH Energy white paper series, which showcase faculty expertise on a variety of topics; the goal is to further enhance UH Energy's reputation as a go-to source for energy expertise.
- Provide guidance to UH Energy personnel on UH Energy social media content and strategy, including gathering relevant media clips featuring UH experts daily, for use on social media accounts.
- Interviews faculty and administrators to develop, write, edit and disseminate news releases and other articles. Work with faculty and administrators to help promote their work in outside-the-box ways, from writing op-eds to polishing white papers or facilitating podcasts.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with representatives of key media outlets.
- Facilitates media inquiries, such as requests for faculty experts, staffs interviews and coordinates press conferences and media availabilities.
- Creates and maintains media lists.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.