Administrative Support Coordinator II / Campuswide (POOL)
Administrative Support Coordinator II / Campuswide (POOL)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 501909
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Temporary, Full Time, Part Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Under general supervision, Administrative Support Coordinator II's independently coordinate the entire clerical and administrative support functions and/or performance of secretarial and administrative work in a large/complex academic, administrative or program office, and/or in a higher-level administrative office. Administrative work often involves evaluation and recommendations related to operational and procedural matters. The incumbent will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Incumbents may plan and execute large scale, complex projects with broad, visible impact that involve coordination with other departments.
- Incumbents identify project needs, outline detailed plans, initiate, and coordinate projects and delegate work.
- Incumbents coordinate projects through initiation, execution, implementation, and evaluation.
- Incumbents set priorities for support staff and are fully accountable for workflow and completion of work for the assigned support staff.
- Incumbents lead work direction, training, and guidance to others; assist with work unit staffing decisions and input for performance evaluations.
- Incumbents will interact with highest levels within and outside the university, often in sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employment Status: Permanent / Probationary & Temporary "non-exempt" positions (with the possibility of the full-time positions converting to probationary).
Location: San Bernardino or Palm Desert Campus
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
*A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies. Qualified applicants will be kept active from July 7, 2021 through December 22, 2021.
- To be assigned.
- If typing/keystroke skill is required, a keystroke speed of 50 C.W.P.M. is necessary.
- A thorough mastery of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must possess experience in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist, along with the ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Must possess the ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas, along with the ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Must have the ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections, along with the ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Must possess the ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations, along with the ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse campus community of people.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- A thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and software packages is preferred.
- Classification Salary Range: $3,352.00 - $5,639.00 monthly
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu