Administrative Support Assistant II / Campuswide (POOL)
Administrative Support Assistant II / Campuswide (POOL)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 501896
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Temporary, Full Time, Part Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Under general supervision, Administrative Support Assistants II's perform a full range of moderate to complex clerical and secretarial work assignments involving the use of judgment and discretion in support of an administrative unit or Academic Department. Typical duties include the following:
- Incumbents will set own priorities regularly and manage multiple work priorities. Incumbents may help set priorities for others but primarily accountable for own work results.
- Incumbents will plan and coordinate clerical work activities and provide lead work direction and/or training and assistance to others in work processes and procedures.
- Incumbents may perform assignments that are varied involving the regular use of judgment and discretion.
- Incumbents may take courses of action, which are guided by some interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Incumbents may develop creative solutions to a variety of problems addressed.
- Incumbents may perform reception duties, including filing of documents, answering telephones, typing forms, letters, and memos, and performing other clerical duties as assigned.
This pool will be used to notify interested applicants when new Clerical and Administrative opportunities become available. Sign up here to indicate your interest in full-time or part-time emergency hire roles (90-day appointments).
Employment Status: Permanent / Probationary & Temporary "non-exempt" positions (with the possibility of the full-time positions converting to probationary).
Location: San Bernardino or Palm Desert Campus
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
* A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies. Qualified applicants will be kept active from July 6, 2021, through December 22, 2021.
- To be arranged.
- If typing/keystroke skill is required, a keystroke speed of 50 C.W.P.M. is necessary.
- Must successfully pass a skill's test if typing and/or a shorthand/Dictaphone is required.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices, and a thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- General knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures is required. Fluency in using standard office software such as MS Office package is desired.
- The ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures is required along with the ability to identify deviations from applicable policies.
- The ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and, at times, creative solutions is required.
- The ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature is required.
- The ability to work with a diverse group of people is required.
- Active problem-solving skills are required along with effective interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or it's equivalent.
- Two years of experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- Classification Salary: $2,912 - $4,592 monthly
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu