Workforce Specialist (Close Date July 28, 2021 11:59pm)
Workforce Specialist (Close Date July 28, 2021 11:59pm)
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 2100001S
Provide specialized assistance and service within the job development and job placement program; solicit employer interest and involvement in student employment; assist in the development of job training service programs and student job assessments.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
Receives general supervision from assigned supervisor.
May exercise technical and functional oversight of student workers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides case management and comprehensive career support services by working with students to develop job seeking skills including career exploration, career search, creating an employee portfolio and developing the skills needed to obtain and retain gainful employment.
- Interviews clients to determine suitability for employment training programs and job openings; screens clients for skill levels, job experience, education, employment/training history, and barriers to employment; evaluates client needs for supportive services or other supportive service needs and makes appropriate referrals.
- Collaborates with other college staff and employment entities in a supportive case management approach and college goal completion.
- Using a variety of resources, matches students with suitable and available job openings; regularly updates such resources and maintains familiarity with current employment opportunities and labor market information.
- Assist in conducting labor market surveys and analysis to determine job markets for student employment; identify and contact employers to determine the numbers and types of employment opportunities for student employment.
- Assist in the development of job training services strategy; identify the characteristics of jobs; determine accessibility of jobs to student employment; research and perform analysis of market data relational to economic data.
- Research, compile, analyze and summarize data for special projects, programs and various comprehensive reports; compile and summarize a variety of data in the preparation of monthly and annual reports, including reports on student placement and student referrals.
- Provide one-on-one career support to students by assisting them to engage in the career development process.
- Process job orders from potential employers; may follow-up with employers to update job order information.
- Accept and review student applications for placement referrals; interview student clients to determine education, training, and interest; screen applicants to determine qualifications for job orders; arrange employer interviews for student employees.
- Attend and participate in a variety of workshops, conferences and meetings, conduct job search assistance workshops, advice students of appropriate interview technique, dress and related employer expectations.
- Maintains student progress reports and preforms related work as required.
- Assist in outreach events and classroom workshops; May take part in promotion and outreach activities to disseminate information about the program; maintain contact with students, community agencies and employers to develop employment and training opportunities for students.
- Collaborate with team to increase employer engagement with on-campus events including employer panels, employer interviews, career fairs, and networking mixers. QUALIFICATIONS
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of job placement program development and administration.
- Principles and practices of career development. Labor market employment trends.
- Business letter writing and report preparation. Principles and techniques of public relations.
- Learn, interpret, and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
- Develop and maintain community contacts.
- Research, organize and present a variety of employment data.
- Plan, implement and evaluate job placement services.
- Advice students in matters related to job placement.
- Develop and apply a variety of placement-related software.
- Work courteously with students and the public on the telephone or in person.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Two years of experience working in higher education setting and two years of work experience in career planning, employment development/placement or student personal services preferably in Education.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 5,016
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 6,166
- External Closing Date: Jul 29, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jul 7, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.