University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.64 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Research Specialist will perform experiments, collect data, analyze data, prepare reports, and assist in manuscript writing for assigned project(s), to be determined by Dr. Mitchell and the candidate. This work will contribute directly to the aims of Dr. Mitchell's NIH research grant. The candidate will also contribute to laboratory maintenance/operations and husbandry/care of zebrafish.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of biological sciences. - Following pre-established procedures or protocols.
- Analyzing scientific data.
- Keeping complete and accurate records.
- Working in a team environment.
- Minimum of 6 months of research experience as undergraduate or other research environment.
- Experience working on independent project(s) with evidence of success.
- Experience working with zebrafish, or another animal model.
- Experience with histological techniques, such as immunofluorescence.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, including image analysis.
- Experience with molecular biology procedures (such as RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, PCR, qRT-PCR, bacterial transformation and culture, plasmid purification).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002895P
Posting Date: 07/02/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled. First review of applicants will be July 16, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.