University of Idaho
Administrative & Financial Specialist
College of Letters, Arts & Social
$17.90 - $18.25 per hour, depending on
The Administrative and Financial Specialist is the first point of
contact for the Department of Psychology and Communication in the
College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS). This position
provides assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors to
the department and performs a wide variety of office support
functions related to the operations of the department and college.
To succeed in this position, one needs to be committed to providing
attentive support, ensuring consistent and efficient operations as
well as being courteous, analytical, proactive, and
• High School diploma, GED, or high school equivalency. • Two years
of work experience providing office support functions including
word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents,
reception, researching, compiling, and summarizing data for
• Experience working in a customer service environment.
• Experience working with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years experience working in customer service.
• Excellent customer service and reception skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Experience successfully coordinating activities requiring complex
arrangements with excellent organization and attention to
• Experience independently problem solving in a work setting.
• Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and
communication skills with individuals with diverse organizational,
cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
First review of applicants will begin Monday, July 19th, 2021. The
letter of qualification should address all required and preferred
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative