Director of Reservations and Event Services, Waukesha
Director of Reservations and Event Services, Waukesha
- Job Title:Director of Reservations and Event Services
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Reservations and Event Services, Staff
Director of Reservations and Event Services Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and maintain the university database for all events with scheduling software; maintain client database, events calendar, and create appropriate reports
- Manage and assign user access and ensure data security and integrity
- Coordinate and schedule requests to use university facilities in accordance with established institutional policies and procedures
- Serve as the primary event scheduler, including oversight of data standards and account maintenance
- Provide expert training to faculty, staff, student organization officers, and the general student body
- Create and analyze reports as needed for benchmarking, establish metrics and make recommendations regarding institutional policies and procedures
Student staff supervision
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate student staff as required, including summer staff, office staff and the Sneeden House caretaker
- Manage student office workers to ensure scheduling tasks are thoroughly and accurately completed
- Provide instruction for student workers and direct work assignments as required
- Serve as the primary contact for non-university client requests to use university facilities; negotiate and execute appropriate facilities agreements and ensure compliance with accounting and risk management requirements, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Utilizing the university's event scheduling software, coordinate reservations and services for all scheduled events; provide oversight for the scheduling and use of all university facilities.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director to plan and execute appropriate marketing strategies, including market research, communication, sales development and special programs, required to achieve university and budgetary goals; develop and produce appropriate publications, website content and promotional materials; identify opportunities and develop materials for inclusion in appropriate newsletters, brochures and other publications.
- Oversee summer camp and conference operations and provide support for major campus events, including orientation, move-in, homecoming, holiday events and commencement.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate department staff, including professional and student staff in the Office of Reservations and Event Services.
- Develop and maintain the university's facilities use policies, procedures and guidelines; chair the Reservations Advisory Committee (RAC).
- Make policy recommendations regarding new and innovative programs to both enhance financial performance and enhance/expand services to university and non-university clients.
- Conduct post-event research to monitor client satisfaction and identify areas for service enhancement.
- Develop and manage annual operating budget; propose annual fee schedules for facility use and services to ensure budget projections are met.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices to the university business office. Produce monthly budget reports and distribute internal invoices to non-university clients.
- Identify and participate in ongoing professional development, continuing education and training as required; play an active role in industry associations such as ACCED-I, NACAS, ACUI and/or other appropriate groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of department and/or division needs and goals.
- Provide evening and weekend coverage for scheduled events as required
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members in their absence
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, hospitality management or related field is required; master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in event planning, conference services, marketing or related field is required; experience in higher education is preferred.
- Earned or anticipated CCEP, CASP and/or CMP certification is preferred.
- Higher education work experience with knowledge of best practices is preferred
- Experience with event scheduling software and survey tools such as Qualtrics is preferred
- Experience in budget management and familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles is required; operations and contract administration experience is required.
- Experience with enterprise and database management software required.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Use of voice mail and e-mail required.
- Experience with appropriate software applications, including reservations systems required.
- General understanding of client-server computing and networking preferred.
- Familiarity with basic graphic and web design and editing tools preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication, management and administrative skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High customer service orientation.
- Ability to work as a team member and to work with a diverse group of constituencies
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the http://www.carrollu.edu/about/missionstatement.asp/a">University mission.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=419739649