Custodial Operations Supervisor
Oregon State University – Cascades (OSU-Cascades) is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month Custodial Operations Supervisor. This position provides leadership and supervision to the OSU-Cascades custodial program and ensures quality control/quality assessment through inspection, health and safety, and clean and sanitary conditions for all students, residents, staff, clients, and guests in all OSU-Cascades facilities.
WHY OSU-Cascades: OSU-Cascades, located in Bend, Oregon, is a campus of Oregon State University. Established in 2001, the university currently enrolls more than 1,300 students in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. The campus expanded to a four-year university in 2015, and opened its new campus in 2016. OSU-Cascades is expanding onto a 128-acre campus and has enrollment goals to reach 3,000 to 5,000 students by 2025. OSU-Cascades is engaged in building a culturally diverse and community-centric educational environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: The Custodial Operations Supervisor oversees the work of other custodial staff, including work schedules, to ensure that buildings are properly cleaned and maintained. As a frontline supervisor, the Custodial Operations Supervisor performs routine janitorial tasks alongside supervised custodians as mentor, trainer and coach. The position works varied hours to maintain contact with custodians working different weekly and daily schedules to provide coverage on campus throughout the week. The individual selected for this position will establish cleaning routines and schedules, perform quality assurance checks of custodians and contractors, keep an inventory of supplies, equipment, and materials, and place orders for supplies and materials; maintain janitorial equipment and perform general cleaning of facilities, especially in the absence of other janitorial staff. The Custodial Operations Supervisor will recommend best practices, and will review the work of contracted janitorial crews. The Custodial Operations Supervisor is responsible to ensure the facilities are clean, comfortable, and well maintained. OSU-Cascades is searching for an individual who is self-directed and self-motivated, detail-oriented, and takes pride in a well-maintained facility.
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least three years professional experience with progressive responsibility working as a custodian or custodial coordinator; and one year as a custodial supervisor providing supervision or lead work of facilities and operational employees.
- Experience in equivalent positions involving continuous upkeep and operations of facilities will be considered and should be specifically identified as such by the applicant.
- Demonstrated experience leading custodial programs and training new custodial personnel.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling staff and coordinating work across multiple shifts and multiple locations.
- Demonstrated experience training personnel and inspecting custodial work efforts in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising personnel, to include hiring, personnel evaluations, discipline, team development and professional skill development.
- Demonstrated experience working to clean and maintain restrooms, office space, and common space.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines within an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with department staff and partners daily and requires good oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position requires CPR and AED certification, which will be provided by OSU-Cascades.
- The ability to successfully pass a background check.
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled