The department of Academic Advising is seeking an Academic Advisor who is self-directed with the ability to effectively communicate with students and provide them with the necessary resources to make good choices in their academic journey. We are committed to our mission statement of assisting students as they develop meaningful educational plans compatible with their life goals. Although the curriculum is well defined, there will be opportunities, both within and beyond their required courses for students to participate in electives and activities that support their holistic self-development as well as their academic and personal growth.
The successful candidate for this position will provide advisement and registration support for students in the undergraduate programs. The Academic Advisor will assist students in building meaningful and professional relationships, inspire students to recognize their full potential, and provide teaching skills that encourage lifelong learning and success. The Advisor will be required to offer a wide range of services and programs designed to meet the needs of a diverse student body and will serve as a basic source of information about the degree requirements, policies, and procedures on campus.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Provide general student advisement to all undergraduates to include: course selection and planning, academic progress evaluation, leaves of absence, probation and academic dismissal adjudication, and referrals to other administrative departments (i.e., financial aid, bursar, registrar, etc.)
- Disseminate information to students regarding school policy
- Participate in registration and pre-registration process; monitor late registration and program adjustments
- Compile student statistics and work in conjunction with the Coordinator to forecast class scheduling; prepare student schedules in coordination with relevant departments.
- Coordinate use of online registration and/or other systems for day-to-day student record keeping
- Serve on appropriate institute committees as needed
To apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/89708
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.