Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in Nursing Informatics
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is seeking a full-time Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor who is doctorally prepared for the Nursing Informatics Specialty in the department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health. The teaching portfolio for Nursing Informatics is large and covers courses in the undergraduate, masters, and both doctoral programs. This position requires a candidate with a strong nursing informatics background, responsible for teaching specialty and required core courses.
UMSON enrolls more than 2,000 students in its baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be process through Human Resources.
- Develop, organize, deliver, and evaluate undergraduate, masters and doctoral courses and precepted practicum experiences.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating students.
- Advises and mentors students.
- Participate in a program of scholarship.
- Contribute to faculty governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree and an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field required
- Eligible for a Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of Maryland preferred
- Specialty experience and expertise in nursing/health care informatics
- Prior teaching experience is preferred
- Record of scholarly achievement, e.g. research publications, presentations, industry consultations
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration experience