Sports Information Director
The Sports Information Director is responsible for keeping accurate records, and maintaining publications and online presence.
Essential functions will include:
- Production of publications sports schedules, recruiting brochures, game programs, media guide, alumnae/parent newsletters
- Statistics and records keeping and reporting update and maintain statistics and team and individual records, report statistics and results to NCAA, CSAC, and Coaching Association
- Media/Public Relations generate press releases, coordinate with sports information offices and provided requested information
- Update both the Athletics and Coaching Association websites
- Write game stories for all athletic contests for publication on the Athletics website
- Supervise student workers assisting with Sports Information
- Write athletics and campus recreation stories for University publications Universitas, TowerTalk, and Notre Dame Bulletin
- Update University website with home athletic contests and events
- Maintain photo file.
- Assist in training, supervision, and scheduling event workers for home athletic events
- Assist in the scheduling of athletic contests and secures contractual agreements.
- Arrange officials for home athletic events.
- Serve as the game-day announcer for home athletic contests.
- Provides event set-up and game management for all home athletic contests
- Assist in planning of Athletic Banquet, Hall of Fame Induction, and special departmental events.
- Collaborate with University communications and marketing departments to promote Athletics and Campus Recreation to the larger community
- Collaborate with Columns, the University student newspaper, to promote athletics and campus recreation on campus
- Assist in coordination of athletic department facilities and practice spaces
- Knowledge: Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in Communications or Public Relations preferred. Must have knowledge of NCAA Division III regulations and an understanding of the relationship between a liberal arts education and athletics.
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience required as a Sports Information Director at the college/university level. This position requires the employee possess and maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must have excellent writing and computer skills, attention to detail, proactive communicator. Must have proven administrative and management skills, and have good interpersonal communication skills. Two writing samples must be provided with application.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Will involve evening and weekend commitments. Will require long periods of standing, sitting or walking. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and assist with game day setup. This is a full-time, 12 month position.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Two (2) writing samples
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Additional Information :
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore