Client Technologies Tech I
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Client Technologies Tech I will be responsible for supporting services including audio/video, mobile technologies, and printers. Will consult with customers (staff, faculty, students, and campus visitors) regarding repairs, troubleshooting, and upgrades. The Client Technologies Tech will assist College faculty, staff, and students with the use of information technology via printed or web- posted material, telephone, e-mail, and/or in person. Perform a variety of computer and/or AV support activities and work closely with teams within OTS and across the entire OTS organization. This position is a member of a 24/7/365 global department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide desktop and AV Support to all Faculty, Staff, and students; Assist with the planning, setup, and monitoring of Campus/AV events including calendar & AV appointments
- Support and maintain PCs & peripherals, audio/video equipment, mobile technologies, and printing technologies
- Diagnose, resolve, report, and track PC and/or AV Campus, Centers, and System Office hardware and software problems
- Troubleshoot technical issues and perform diagnostic analyses to determine problem root cause
- Provide customer support through on site diagnosis, group training, software or hardware problem resolution, and analysis of existing documentation, etc.
- Monitor TekManager to ensure all Projectors and AV Podium/carts are working properly
- Monitor the ticket queue to ensure that service level agreements are being met and customers are being taken care of in a timely manner
- Maintain Maintenance Schedule to perform semester Room Checks
- Work with OTS team members to improve user experience
- Deploy lab environment computers and maintain software development and hardware changes to fit class needs
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical as well as technical customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to troubleshoot problem components and prioritizes them; Draws on experience and knowledge of available resources (manuals, colleagues, vendors, etc.) to find solutions
- Demonstrated ability to suggest ways to improve team’s work methods and procedures
- Ability to seek input from others and actively invites them to review his/her work or ideas at draft stage
- Ability to share relevant information with team members and/or customers that may be affected; Actively participates in informal or formal group problem solving with regard to immediate issues
- Demonstrated decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work standards
- Ability to guide others in carrying out routine task and help team members and/or customers think through alternatives and choices
- Ability to seek opportunities and sets some goals for own development
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows or Mac environments, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment and outside in non-climate controlled areas
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1 year of prior experience
- Associate’s degree
- 2 years of related work experience
- Experience working with clients, including effective communication skills
- Practical experience and specialized training; college degree, technical credentials or equivalent experience in one or more areas of IT (e.g., PC, Mac, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- ITIL Foundations or industry recognized equivalent
- CompTIA A+ Certification or industry recognized equivalent
- LSC Leap
- AV Certification
Hiring salary range is $34,500 to $39,675
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood