Swimming Instructor - Part-Time
SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR – PART-TIME
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Aquatics Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time Swimming Instructors to provide a variety of learn to swim lessons. This position serves to inspire, motivate, and empower individuals of various ages and skill levels to learn to swim in an environment that is safe and comfortable for learners.
Wright College’s Aquatics Department extends this exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic, and patient instructor to teach swimming lessons by developing and implementing appropriate and engaging activities that consider the unique abilities of each participant.
- Develops weekly lessons that teach participants to swim safely, allowing students to improve their swimming abilities, skills, and knowledge.
- Delivers instruction using different methods to meet students’ abilities and needs.
- Assesses student learning to ensure placement at appropriate and safe swim level.
- Inspires, motivates, and empowers participants in their swimming pursuits.
- Ensures the safety of patrons participating in swimming activities.
- Fills out incident report forms after accidents or injuries,
proactively collecting witness names and numbers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required.
- Valid CPR card required.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification preferred.
- Prior experience with and proficient use of lifesaving equipment; basic first aid kit, CPR mask, rescue buoy or rescue tube.
- Delivery of effective verbal and written communications and takes responsibility for understanding others, multilingual skills a plus.
- Flexibility to work outside normal college business hours, weekends, or holidays.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and respond calmly to high-pressure emergency situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work hours as needed for scheduled college events.
- Promotes a positive role model and favorable public image as City Colleges of Chicago representative.
Must be willing to work weekday afternoons and evenings as needed throughout the session. Saturday morning and afternoon shifts may be scheduled as well. Most schedules are set for 12-16 weeks for each session.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago