ADJUNCT FACULTY ENGLISH PART TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks
part-time faculty to teach English courses. The ideal candidate
will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and
using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse
needs and engage students in critical thinking and
Qualifications - External
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes
students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters
students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem
solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals
and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of
individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and
conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and
professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
- Master's Degree in English Language and Literature OR Master's
Degree and 18 graduate hours in English, Literature, Creative
Writing, or Composition/Rhetoric OR Master’s Degree in (print)
Journalism (not broadcast).
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of
students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must
submit the following documents for review:
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation .