Adjunct Faculty-English Pt
ADJUNCT FACULTY ENGLISH PART TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach English courses. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
Qualifications - External
- Master's Degree in English Language and Literature OR Master's Degree and 18 graduate hours in English, Literature, Creative Writing, or Composition/Rhetoric OR Master’s Degree in (print) Journalism (not broadcast).
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation .
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Speech & Rhetoric Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- English & Literature Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago