Fitness and Wellness Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00759 Position Title: Fitness and Wellness Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: Wellness Center Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The fitness and wellness coordinator will be responsible for the oversight of fitness and wellness programs and events focusing on the needs of a diverse campus community through wellness presentations and events, and fitness challenges. This position will monitor industry trends to collaborate with various campus units to ensure the successful evolution of healthy and active programs. Supervision of all aspects of our Wellness Center including student employees, equipment, programming, and risk management.
- Leadership and supervision of student staff
- Supervising the weight room and cardio room
- Successful implementation of program budget
- Implementation of assessment programs that track student engagement, student learning outcomes, and student satisfaction relative to fitness programs
- Work collaboratively with various departments internally and externally in the creation of fitness, wellness and recreation programs
- Maintain proper security protocols and secure the building nightly
- Ability and willingness to speak publicly during programming events.
- Coordinate, and execute special events and programs
- Monitors safety hazards such as weather conditions and coordinates emergency procedures while ensuring the safety of program participants.
- Management of office inventory to include determining equipment for order and equipment replacement and repair.
- Be a contributor to a positive workplace culture through building relationships, being servant minded, supporting others, and integrating fun into your daily routine
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, as well as the wellness, academic, intellectual, emotional, and social development of all studen
Knowledge of the following, supported by skills and abilities: current trends in campus recreation related to “student led” facilities grounded in student development theory; relevant equipment, policies, procedures, programs and strategies/best practices associated with administering a comprehensive program of recreational activities in a university setting
· Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, exercise physiology, health and fitness, kinesiology, physical education, or closely related field.
· Minimum of 1 year of successfully demonstrated experience in administering/supervising fitness programs or comparable related experience (relative GA experience will be considered).
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and the ability to adapt to learning in-house systems of management/logistics and robust daily operations of recreation facilities/programs.
· This position requires evening and weekend hours to fulfill position responsibilities.
· Master’s degree in exercise science, exercise physiology, health and fitness, kinesiology, physical education, or related field.
· A minimum of one (1) certification in group exercise and/or personal training as recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies ( NCCA ). Accepted certifications include: ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, NCCPT, or other meeting the same criteria.
· Possess American Red Cross CPR / AED certification or equivalent.
Job Open Date: 07/06/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: N/A Special Instructions to Applicants:
What You Can Expect From Us
- A highly collaborative team that works outside of its programmatic boundaries to support each other
- A team that is focused on creating an inviting and supportive atmosphere for our employees, students, faculty and staff, and external community
- A team that appreciates the strengths and contribution of others while working to grow through our areas of improvement
- A team that uses data informed decision making to ensure that we are acting in the best interest of our students
- A team that has a strong emphasis on creating co-curricular relationships to further enhance our ability to positively affect student success
- A positive, fun work environment
- The autonomy to work creatively with the support to be successful
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4827 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery