Mental Health Therapist
Vacancy Number: S-00761 Position Title: Mental Health Therapist Classification Title: Student Services Coordinator Department: Counseling & Health Promotion Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mental Health Therapist position reports to the director of Counseling and Health Promotion Services ( CHPS ), which is a department within the division of Student Affairs.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to individual and group therapy, case management, crisis intervention, triage, assessments, and administrative services to students as well as:
• Providing triage and crisis services that may involve after- hours services.
• Conducting intakes and assessments for enrolled university students as well as maintain a consistent counseling case load.
• Developing and facilitating short-term psycho-educational workshops and/or groups for students experiencing problems.
• Advising students and/or parents on services provided by the counseling center and inform students, staff, and/or faculty of their rights and privileges as recipients of services offered by the counseling center.
• Maintaining security of all office documentation.
• Developing, managing, and/or interpreting related files (e.g. documents, manuals, referral lists, reports, forms, etc.).
• Assisting in maintaining CHPS website and social media.
• Assisting with educational programming to students, university faculty and staff.
• Assisting with education programming to community organizations and outreach groups.
• Representing CHPS at college functions, such as but not limited to, New Student Orientation, and admission events.
• Attending staff meetings, staff case conference, clinical staffing, and available staff development opportunities to stay abreast of current research and evidence-based practices. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional ethics and standards of practice with regards to clients’ rights and privilege
Knowledge of the University’s student policies and procedures and those related to Counseling and Health Promotion Services
Knowledge of acceptable counseling techniques
Skills in making written and oral presentations
Skill in counseling others
Interpersonal and problem analysis skills
Skill in being organized
Ability to network and provide case management services
Ability to efficiently collaborate and coordinate student needs for campus and community resources
Ability to implement and evaluate intakes and assessments for enrolled university students
Ability to process, review, and evaluate student documents
Ability to provide educational programming and outreach to the community, students, faculty and staff as it relates to the mission of the university
Ability to be flexible and proficient in a crisis situation
Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
Ability to provide excellent customer service
Ability to effectively and consistently follow up, offer directives, and summarize verbally as well as in writing
Ability to manage several needs at once efficiently with accuracy and in a timely manner Minimum Qualifications:
A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field is preferred; Applicants who are Licensed (or license-eligible) as a Social Worker or Counselor ( ALC ) are preferred. Job Open Date: 07/07/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
If this position is opened until filled (no set closing date), Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications. About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus. Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4831 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or
a related field?
- * Are you licensed (or license-eligible) as a Social Worker or
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery