Engineering Employer Relations Specialist
The Engineering Employer Relations Specialist is an integral part of the Engineering Career Services team, which is embedded in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS). The role will develop and maintain relations with employers seeking candidates for internships and employment. This role will work closely with CEAS staff, faculty, and instructors as needed. The main goal will be to develop and maintain relationships with employers to facilitate engagement for on-campus recruitment and increase employment opportunities for students.
This role is part of an enhanced, model partnership between Career Services and CEAS. The goal of the Engineering Career Services team is to contribute to the CEAS ProReady initiative by growing student engagement in charting their career path, gaining relevant experience, and growing their professional network. The Engineering Employer Relations Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Employer & Events (Career Services) and Senior Director of Student Professional Development (CEAS).
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Career Services, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, is the central hub for career initiatives at CU Boulder. Career Services partners with key partners across campus to ensure that students and alumni have the opportunity to develop career competencies, gain professional tools, and solidify their career choices. In addition to our focus on career competency, the staff in Career Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity within our work. From staff development on topics of cultural humility, to programming that highlights diversity and inclusion in the world of work, our goal is to provide inclusive excellence for all students and alumni.
Key initiatives include:
Tailor and optimize career planning, programs, and resources for all colleges, schools, and programs on campus to ensure their diverse needs are met. Build and implement tools, technology, resources and communities of practice that support career work for all students and alumni. Connect students with employers with a focus on responsive & cutting-edge services for external partners and coordinate events that are relevant for students and alum. Develop a Community of Practice to work on internships and professional experiences and scale up programming that builds experience, skills, and confidence for all students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Employer Engagement, Events/Programming, & Liaison Development:
- Serve as main point of contact for employers to CEAS, as well as campus Career Services, for hiring of engineering and computer science talent.
- Facilitate connections between employers and CEAS students through innovative programming such as resume critiques, technical mock interviews, employer information sessions, etc.
- Serve as Career Services representative at employer outreach events, regional partnerships, and with campus employer relations cohort groups as needed.
- Collaborate with key partners to facilitate communication among CEAS, Career Services, departmental advisory boards, and campus Industry & campus staff.
- Collaborate with CEAS departments to determine employer engagement needs.
- Research local, national, and global businesses and organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employer and industry needs and trends.
Career Advising & Outreach:
- Conduct presentations and workshops to either students and/or faculty/staff.
- Conduct career advising appointments, including drop-in sessions as needed.
Assessment and Technology:
- Track and report participant engagement in alignment with departmental strategic goals and procedural guidance.
- Manage technology and platforms related to area of responsibility.
- Analyze and evaluate CEAS students’ needs and interests.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Participate with Career Services, Engineering Career Services, and CEAS staff on all special events and programming as assigned.
- Attend weekly staff, supervision meetings.
- Given the changing nature of work and Career Services’ commitment to be adaptable, innovative, and resilient as the nature of work changes, staff will need to shift gears, jump in, and try new things, even when those things fall outside of a formal job description.
What You Should Know
- Relocation will not be provided.
What We Can Offer
- Salary range is $48,000 - $51,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute
- 1 years of experience directly related to the work assignment.
What You Will Need
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate evening and weekend programs.
- Proven ability to network, build relationships, and leverage influence in a professional environment.
- Positive relationship management skills.
- Capability in networking effectively and quickly establishing rapport and interpersonal working relationships with business/hiring representatives.
- Ability to manage priorities when working with multiple constituencies including campus staff, faculty, employers and students.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business, Engineering, STEM, or related field.
- Work experience in the engineering, computing, science, business, or related industries.
- Experience working with engineering, computing or science employers and/or recruitment/onboarding of engineering, computing, science, business, or related job candidates.
- Proficiency in using university or recruitment CRMs or related technology databases or platforms.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder