Operations Manager (5365)
The Athletic Operations Manager is responsible for most of the overall setups and breakdowns of events held in the Department of Athletics & Recreation managed facilities. The Athletic Operations Manager assists in coordinating logistics and planning special event preparation and site preparedness for all home athletic events and hosted internal and external events. He/she coordinates with several different on-campus departments to assist with these events. In addition, the Athletic Operations Manager assists in the coordination of student staff members and contracted staff members to execute events. This position works under a general level of supervision. The Athletic Operations Manager oversees event execution for three or four varsity programs each year.
- The Department of Athletics & Recreation reports directly to the Office of President.
- The Athletic Operations Manager reports directly to the Assistant AD for Facilities and Operations, and works in conjunction with the Department of Athletics & Recreation staff.
- Reporting to this position are 30-40 part-time employees.
- The Operations Manager assists with the maintenance and set-up of the athletic facilities and assists with concession sales.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or Event Management, or a related field and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills is required, as well as a minimum of one year of related experience in event operations and management.
- Deadline oriented, demonstrated time management, problem-solving, and customer service skills are essential to this position.
- Ability to manage many projects at once and to delegate projects when necessary are vital to the success of this position.
- Frequent evening and weekend hours may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Inventorying and cash handling experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.