Curriculum and Graduate Studies Support Specialist
Provides administrative support and assistance to the Associate Provost for Academic and Budget Planning to ensure DSU’s curriculum and graduate studies operations are of the highest quality. Duties include coordinating admissions processes for graduate students and tracking their degree process, managing curriculum management software platform, maintain web pages, assisting committees and liaising between various offices. Information about Curriculum Management can be found online at https://academics.dixie.edu/new-curriculum-management/ while information regarding Graduate Studies can be found online at https://graduatestudies.dixie.edu/ .
- Train faculty and other stakeholders across campus on the curriculum approval processes and Courseleaf Platform use, including quality assurance for all submissions and rollout of new program form.
- Input curriculum changes into the Banner Student Information System.
- Use Slate to design individualized program applications for new graduate programs.
- Coordinate admissions and enrollment processes for DSU graduate students including monitoring applicants, completing admission recommendations, assisting students in identifying and submitting needed residency and financial aid forms, and assisting in student enrollments.
- Monitor academic progress of graduate students including class enrollments; analyze progress reports from faculty/instructors; determine eligibility and satisfactory progress toward degree; identify current and potential needs or problem areas and refer students to appropriate resources for assistance.
- Serve as liaison by collaborating with various offices, including Graduate Studies, Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office, faculty, and Dean’s Office for admission, plan of study, online forms, appeals/petitions, and graduation processing.
- Maintain proficiency in use of University database systems, such as Banner, Courseleaf, Slate, and any additional platforms that may be necessary to support curriculum and graduate education.
- Facilitate purchasing card program for the Associate Provost, reconciling and entering charges and submitting monthly statements. Prepare purchase requisitions, check requests, travel authorizations and claims.
- Perform administrative duties such as travel arrangements, campus scheduling, purchasing, catering for events. Use EMS system software and coordinate with the Central Scheduling office for reservation requests.
- Update and maintain Curriculum and Graduate Studies web pages.
- Coordinate with Registrar’s office on approved programs for annual catalog publication.
- Serve as secretary for University Curriculum Committee and Graduate Council meetings, including managing agendas and minutes.
- Compile, edit, produce, and distribute memos, letters, emails, correspondence, complex projects, reports, presentations and other documents.
- Oversee course and program fee approval process and publication according to policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of college coursework and curriculum or graduate studies work-related experience required.
- Two years’ higher education office experience required; experience working with graduate level education preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Desktop Publishing, Internet, website design/maintenance, and email; ability and experience in managing web sites.
- A working knowledge of Courseleaf curriculum management platform, Slate, and Banner Student Information System preferred.
- Ability to communicate admission criteria and graduate degree programs effectively for initial contact in recruiting graduate students.
- Ability to maintain confidential documentation of graduate student progress towards degree as well as application information.
- Experience communicating with Academic leaders including Department Chairs, Deans, Associate Provosts and Provost required; experience working through curriculum-related issues preferred.
- Understanding of current curriculum policies including DSU policy, USHE policy, and NWCCU policy requirements.
- Ability to research curriculum concerns thoroughly to advise how policy needs to be modified to prevent future problems
- Working knowledge of and collaborating in development/editing of DSU policies and their application to the curriculum and graduate studies processes preferred.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of $36,000 - $39,000, depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of August 16 or September 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins July 22 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George