Assistant Athletic Director of Events, Game Operations and Facilities
Under direction of the Athletic Director, this position oversees assigned game day functions, including venue set-up and tear-down of all sports, as well as athletic facility oversight, including scheduling and maintenance. Also coordinates various administrative efforts on athletic team sports camps, and assists with athletics capital improvement and renovation projects. Additional information about the department and DSU Athletics can be found online at https://www.dixiestateathletics.com .
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of event management of all
home athletics events, including but not limited to:
- Facilitate campus-wide coordination of all involved parties for events (Police, Student Life, Alumni Association, Concessions, Ticketing, Custodial, outside contractors, etc.).
- Supervise the part-time Athletics event personnel working each event.
- Venue set-up and tear-down.
- Coordination of officials and visiting teams.
- Crowd control.
- Responsible for the hiring, scheduling, and supervision of Athletics Facilities and Game Operations Interns, as well as the hiring and supervision of all game-day essential staff for game operations areas, as required for each sport.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance (routine, scheduled, and emergency) of all athletic facilities with the campus’ Facilities Management department, as well as any outside contractors for turf, videoboards, lighting, seating, flooring, etc. as needed.
- Assist head coaches and Human Resources with hiring paperwork and processes for athletic camps.
- Coordinate with head coaches to schedule campus facilities for athletic camps.
- Coordinate all operational activities of the Burns Arena and Greater Zion Stadium, including the rental and scheduling of the facility and the oversight of the set-up and take-down of events, including the management of the events themselves, when required.
- Serve as Athletic Department liaison with campus scheduling for the rental and scheduling of athletic facilities.
- Assist Athletic Director with capitol improvement and renovation projects throughout department.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least three (3) years’ experience managing and coordinating intercollegiate athletic events; experience working with intercollegiate athletic camps preferred.
- Experience working with videoboards preferred.
- Ability to work variable hours, such as evenings and weekends, depending on sports schedule, is required, as well as the ability to work outdoors, in extreme temperatures (hot or cold, more than one hour per day).
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $44,000 - $47,000 depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of August 16 or September 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins July 22 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George