CDL A Instructor – Truck Driver
Trainer, Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Type of Position:
Non-Credit Instructor, Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week:
Hours and days will
Pay Grade/Pay Range:
$40 per hour
Opportunity for hybrid schedule:
Johnson County Community College is
seeking experienced CDL Truck Drivers to conduct CDL training
classes. JCCC offers commercial truck driver training courses to
prepare new drivers for their commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Class A. In this role, we instruct people how to properly conduct
pre-trip inspections and safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.
This is a part-time position. Number of workdays per month are
flexible. Hours are based on course schedules and could include
weekdays, evenings, and weekends as available.
- Must possess a Class A CDL driver’s license and a current
Department of Transportation medical card
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check with a motor
vehicle record search
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft program applications
- 3 or more years' truck driving experience
- Previous teaching in community college or secondary
- Class A CDL driving experience with tankers, doubles and
triples, and hazardous materials endorsements
- 5 or more years Truck driving experience
To be considered for this position we will require an application,
resume, and/or cover letter.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited
- Teach hands on portion of the Truck Driver Training Program
(pre-trip inspection, and behind the wheel training)
- Maintain student files in compliance with JCCC standards
- Maintain Truck Driver Training Program equipment
- Maintain inventory of training supplies
- Work as member of instructional team to improve program and
- Evaluate and grade students throughout the program
- Maintain relationships with employers in the trucking
- Shuttle equipment as needed from the truck rental site to our
site of instruction or testing sites.
- Uses a variety of techniques and technology to actively engage
students in the learning process.
- Adapts instruction to various student learning styles.
- Provides feedback to students in attaining course goals and
- Develops and utilizes a variety of assessment tools to validate
course, program and institutional outcomes.
- Maintains clearly stated course outcomes, competencies,
instructional methods, and methods of assessment in each
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity,
may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of
management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at
any time, as required by business necessity.
Here at Johnson County Community
College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students,
faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all
individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all
values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are
seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to
JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas,
interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our
diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging
all of our unique employees is the key to students’ success. You
Established in 1969, Johnson County Community
College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening
communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas,
JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence
and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades
dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving
campus culture – not to mention our competitive tuition rates and
extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johnson County Community
College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, or genetic information.
If you need any assistance throughout the search
process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position
will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual
hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment
tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the
applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those
selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees
obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to
apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable
accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office
of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu
24 Aug 2022 Central Daylight Time
30 Jun 2024 Central Daylight Time