Assistant Football Coach
Responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of Football; and providing input and assistance to the Head Football Coach and Coordinators in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
- Design instruction for individual student athletes and for specific team needs
- Instruct student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of Football
- Provide input and assist the head coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques
- Provide instruction related to physical health, team concepts, and safety
- Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment of student-athletes
- Assists in communications with Campus Facilities for overnight prospects
- Assist the head coach with inventory and issuing of equipment
- Supervise student workers
- Monitor students for academic retention and assist in the advising of students on their academic progress
- Assist in the advising of students on their academic progress
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures
- Assists in weight room supervision per NCAA Rules
- Assists the head coach with marketing / public relations/alumni relations
- Other duties as assigned
Department Director, Associate Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Director of Strength and Conditioning, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretary, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the College community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Players, student employees
Supervision Received: Head Football Coach, Coordinator
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
Experience: College or High School Football coaching. A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Specialized Training: HUDL, FrontRush, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, First Aid, and CPR.
-Exhibit a “student first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
-Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, needs, and expectations; anticipate and identify needs
-Available for evening and weekend work as necessary
-Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office, division, or College goals
-Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Student Affairs Division as required during high service demand times
-Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretary, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the College community as well as the local and outside community, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
-Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
-Must possess strong communication skills and strengths in public speaking
-Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
-Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
-Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
-Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high-level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; operating hudl, camcorder, copier, fax, College vans for the team, and other transportation.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Athletics Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati