Administrative Assistant, School of Pharmacy
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Administrative Assistant- Pharmacy serves as the primary point of contact in support of admissions-related processes and procedures. This position facilitates with the candidate interview process and respective follow-up activities related to document collection, throughout the application and matriculation process. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Support Assistant Dean of Admissions with administrative tasks
- Schedule and coordinate details related to candidate interviews (including but not limited to collecting documentation, liaising with faculty about scheduling/availability, managing catered lunches, etc.)
- Function as liaison with admissions stakeholders, student services staff and faculty
- Greet visitors and direct inquiries to appropriate destination.
- Assist with activities on and off campus, such as open house events, new student orientation, white coat and graduation ceremonies.
- Utilize Docuware to maintain the accuracy and integrity of student records
- Provide effective communication to students using oral, written and electronic means
- Attend cross-functional pharmacy meetings to take notes and distribute afterward
- Protect the privacy of student records in compliance with FERPA and university standards
- Maintain detailed business process and procedure documentation
- Perform routine clerical duties as assigned. Maintain correspondence logs, files, minutes, information databases, and other tracking systems as necessary.
- Ordering supplies, track expenses, maintain office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines and printers.
- Open and distribute mail for school of Pharmacy; handles outgoing mail; answers routine correspondence for others signature.
- Assist with special projects and activities as assigned.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least two years' progressive experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and/or Student Information Systems
- Experience handling the scheduling of conference calls and meetings, including travel arrangements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office). Some experience in database programs.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference, and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Associate Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah