MSN Nursing Full Time Faculty
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageSUMMARY: The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the market place. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teaching up to 90%/Faculty Service/Administration up to 15%
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers course instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the instruction as outlined in the Faculty job description and the Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Enables the achievement of competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing an environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for courses and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, adjunct support/orientation, and enforcing academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus/online events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops, committees, and meetings as assigned.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Scholarship(Up to 10 percent) *Engages in scholarly activities that contribute to the field of study and enhance the learning environment.
- Faculty Development Activities (Up to 10 percent) *Completes professional development and in‐service activities each year as outlined in the faculty supplement.
- One to five years' experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution. DNP or PhD in Nursing with FNP certification required. Experience as an FNP strongly preferred.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures, and perspectives can thrive.
Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Doctorate