Director of Ph.D. in Clinical Research Program
The University of Jamestown seeks a visionary, collaborative, creative, and forward-thinking individual to lead this new PhD degree program. This PhD degree program will be blended: a combination of online and in-person learning experiences. Relocation is not required. The successful candidate will implement the degree program, providing doctoral students the tools needed to succeed in education and academia. Collaboration with the Provost’s office, and the Physical Therapy Program chair is required to promote the mission of the college throughout the University community, and the national and international healthcare professions. Recruiting and hiring, and the overseeing of faculty teaching within the PhD program is essential. The successful candidate will have a well-developed scholarly agenda, with evidence of external funding, and multidisciplinary activities, which will complement and expand the existing expertise at the university.
The concept of the development of a new Doctor of Philosophy degree in Clinical Research arose from the needs of the Physical Therapy Program at the University of Jamestown (located in Fargo, ND), and the need for academic doctoral degrees in physical therapy educators. The university provides an environment that encourages education and scholarship of faculty, with a PhD program becoming the cornerstone of this philosophy. The Physical Therapy Program has forged community partnerships to facilitate faculty scholarship and engagement in research related to physical therapy practice.
The position requires:
- Effective management of resources,
- Efficient and effective communication,
- Curriculum development, revision, and integration of new topics,
- Maintain quality, excellence, and currency of the education,
- Identify, recruit, hire faculty with content expertise
- Preparation of periodic reports of program activities to university officials
- Collaboration with enrollment management and marketing to recruit and engage students
- Assure maintenance of accreditation
- Promote excellence through faculty participation in national organizations, and scholarly publications
- Develop and deliver a robust training program for faculty on the development of online instructional materials, methodology, delivery, and assessment.
- Provide ongoing online learning support, training and professional development to faculty, and opportunities for professional growth.
- Perform other duties as related to the operations of the program
- A PhD or terminal degree from an accredited institution in physical therapy or a related discipline
- A proven record of teaching, scholarly productivity, funding, and service
- A successful record of procuring funding for scholarly activities
- Extensive administrative leadership experience in the healthcare industry, higher education, and/or public service
- Significant evidence of supporting students, faculty, and staff
- Experience guiding organizational change and growth
- Demonstrated managerial, business, and financial expertise
- A strong dedication to collaboration and interprofessional development
- Experience in the recruitment and development of excellent faculty, staff, and students
- Demonstrated research and scholarly achievement which is recognized in national and professional circles
- Demonstrated leadership in state or national professional organization
- Experience with online education is preferred but not required
The College of Graduate and Professional Studies of the University of Jamestown is based in Fargo, ND. The University of Jamestown is a community dedicated to the development of wholeness in our students. We adhere to a curriculum of academic excellence which blends the liberal arts with sound professional preparation. Our commitment to the Christian faith encourages an atmosphere of self-discipline, responsibility, and concern for the continuing growth of the individual.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least three professional references to Rachel Holsten, Assistant to the Provost, 6092 College Lane, Jamestown, ND, 58405. Electronic submissions are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Established as Jamestown College in 1883 by members of the Presbyterian Church, the University of Jamestown is a private, liberal arts university granting Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees as well as online master’s degrees in Education, Leadership, and Clinical Counseling and a Fargo-based Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.