Financial Aid Advisor - Division of Student Affairs, Fin. Aid Off. (Multiple Positions)
Job Title: Financial Aid Advisor - Division of Student Affairs, Fin. Aid Off. (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 22513
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Office of Financial Aid is seeking for three Financial Aid Advisors to assist students applying for federal, state, and institutional aid and communicating academic college policies.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Financial Aid Advisors will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support timely advising, awarding, distribution, reconciliation and advising services of Financial Aid to eligible students by using knowledge of current and new technology
- Work as part of a Financial Aid team to address student inquiries
- Keep abreast of financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures
- Flexible schedule during peak periods. Be available for evening and weekends as
Bachelor's Degree required.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing quality student service in a diverse college is
- Knowledge of Federal and State Student Financial Aid regulations, programs, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, CUNYfirst, and related Student Financial Services software (NSLDS) desirable.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Counsels applicants and students on eligibility for financial aid programs, assisting them in the application process.
- Verifies eligibility for Federal and State financial aid programs including grants, scholarships, and guaranteed student loans
- Performs application intake, evaluation, processing and awarding
- Assists in the production of Financial Aid online, print material, and websites
- Advises students on good academic standing requirements and the appeal process; reviews appeals for dependency overrides and budget adjustments
- Conducts group workshops and represents the financial aid office at various on- and off- campus events
- Serves as a liaison between the college office and Direct Loan Providers
- Performs other related duties as
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience ($40,869 - $46,098).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package, must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.