Financial Aid Specialist (Financial Aid, Division of Student Affairs)
Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist (Financial Aid, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 22514
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Financial Aid Specialist will report to the Financial Aid Manager. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Financial Aid Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports timely advising, awarding, distribution, reconciliation and advising services of Financial Aid to eligible students by using knowledge of current and new technology
- Assists in the development and implementation of office policies and procedures
- Develops and creates reports for the CUNYfirst system Financial Aid module
- Researches and resolves CUNYfirst related problems and conduct CUNYfirst training
- Represents the financial aid office and the college at various meetings both on and off
- Participates in student workshops and orientation
- Flexible schedule during peak periods. Be available for evening and weekends as
- Keeps abreast of financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required.
- Knowledge of student financial aid (Federal and State) regulations, processes and systems and work experience in the financial aid
- Strong analytical, research, and technical skills to evaluate and use data in planning and decision making
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of CUNYFirst or PeopleSoft database structure
- Familiar with web-based navigation and writing reports (PS Query) for relational databases and work with large databases
- Working knowledge of ERP systems or specifically PeopleSoft database, Microsoft Excel, Access and Powerpoint is required
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers and supervises financial aid programs and operations.
- Reviews contracts, disbursements, tuition and fees; validates student eligibility for various programs
- Administers, monitors and troubleshoots CUNY financial aid systems as well as Federal and NY State systems in order to ensure integrity of student databases and timely and accurate delivery of funds
- Assists CUNY staff, applicants, and students/families with advice on financial aid issues and eligibility
- May review and reconcile student payroll processing
- Represents the Financial Aid function at Admissions events; works with academic departments as well as Bursar, Registrar, Admissions and Computing offices to assure staff understand and implement financial aid processes correctly
- Assists in the development and evaluation of Admissions processes
- Prepares documentation, instructions, and materials in various media to support financial aid activities
- Performs related duties as
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package, must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.