University Code 17136 University Title Senior Facilities Management Coordinator 3 University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Lead Buyer Position Number 588990 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Plant Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU’s Facilities Management Department is seeking to hire a Lead Buyer. The Lead Buyer assists in the overall management of a buying unit. The Lead Buyer performs transactional purchases for a wide variety of goods and services for Facilities Management; receives demand signals and purchases goods and services in support of the geographic maintenance zones and other facilities ancillary services; properly utilizes the purchase card (p-card) up to the small purchase threshold as well as purchase orders over the threshold; ensures that all purchases are performed accurately, timely and in accordance with applicable state laws & policies and VCU policies; employs best business practices to continuously improve performance, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness; accurately prepares, codes, processes and keeps track of all procurement requests; keeps accurate and detailed logs, files, and electronic inventory management system; completes work assignments on time and error free; performs job duties in a courteous and professional manner at all times. Minimum Hiring Standards
• Ability to hire, train, coach, supervise, schedule, evaluate, and discipline assigned employees
• Ability to execute simple to moderately complex purchases of supplies, equipment, and services.
• Ability to proficiently use automated procurement systems.
• Excellent communication skills, strong math background, knowledge of general business practices including purchasing and accounting.
• Ability to work independently and diplomatically with both internal and external customers and vendors.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task, make decisions, handle problems, and produce results.
• Ability to interpret documents and communicate compliance issues.
• Thorough knowledge of personal computers and PC-based database management programs. Experience with a CMMS -based system, eVA, and Banner.
• Knowledge in the areas of material acquisition, sourcing, and vendor management.
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU . Preferred Hiring Standards
• Commonwealth of Virginia budget and purchasing training or equivalent experience preferred. VCA certification preferred; or acquired in the first year of employment.
• Certified Public Procurement Buyer ( CPPB ) or other nationally recognized procurement certification a plus. Required Licenses/ Certifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; or combination of experience, training, or military service indicating proficiency in the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
• Valid Virginia driver’s license is required Anticipated Hiring Range $50,000 - $65,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Off-site Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. Nights, weekends, and holidays may be required during special events, emergencies, and inclement weather Job Open Date 07/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107522 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid Virginia driver's license or eligible to
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond