Admin Asst & Residency Coordinator
University Code 19036 University Title Senior Administrative Coordinator 3 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search National Working Title Admin Asst & Residency Coordinator Position Number 593190 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery invites applicants to apply to the Administrative Assistant & Residency Coordinator position which provides administrative support to the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for approximately 40 employees to include full-time, part-time, and volunteer faculty, residents, and the Executive Administrative Assistant. This position has administrative responsibility for the Residency Program.
The position will be supervised by the Director of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and will:
– Provide administrative support to all faculty, to include the Department Chair, Residency Program Director, and Executive Administrative Assistant.
– Act as the primary coordinator and support person for the residency program, to include the applicant recruitment process, interview process and events, resident orientation and onboarding paperwork through collaboration with Graduate Medical Education Administration, coordination of off-site rotations, research project support and thesis defense presentations, travel and outreach activities, and graduation and special events.
– Manage all required documentation within GME’s New Innovations.
– Verify residency for program graduates for employers and insurers.
– Coordinate all aspects of department’s residency externship program, to include reservations, contracts, onboarding, and all communications.
– Publish monthly on-call schedule for residents and faculty, communicate with Telepage and lead the production and distribution of department newsletter.
– Support department daily operations by coordinating the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies as well as the receipt and distribution of mail.
– Coordinate resident travel plans and reservations; prepare and submit travel authorizations and reimbursements.
– As needed, assist with grant and research project preparation/submissions.
– Act as dental student rotation coordinator supporting the predoc program director, as needed.
– Liaise for the Executive Administrative Assistant by handling concerns and issues in their absence as well as serve as receptionist in the faculty administrative suite.
– Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Hiring Standards
– College degree or equivalent related job experience or training
– Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
– Excellent computer skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and customer relations skills
– Strong attention to details
– Ability to perform at a high level with limited supervision and to exercise independent judgment and problem solve
– High level of comfort working as part of a team
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
– Demonstrated administrative support experience and experience with maintaining records
– Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
– Experience coordinating and maintaining multiple calendars
– Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU Preferred Hiring Standards
– Experience working with Google & Microsoft applications
– Experience working with New Innovations and residency programs
– Experience working in an academic and/or medical setting Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 07/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107557 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond