Administrative Assistant IV - Astronomy (.86 FTE)
Posted July 7, 2021
Reporting to the chair of the Astronomy department, the administrative assistant will work independently to provide administrative support to the chair and faculty and manage the daily operations of the office.
- Perform a variety of administrative services: maintain databases and generate reports and mailing lists, maintain calendars and organize meetings, manage office correspondence and procedures, and greet and work with students, faculty, visitors and other constituencies. • Assist with the preparation of reports and proposals; write correspondence and memorandums; create flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Provide support for faculty searches, tenure and promotion cases, colloquia and special projects as needed.
- Maintain confidential files for faculty, departments and programs.
- Manage/reconcile departmental/program budgets and faculty research accounts; process payroll, A/P vouchers, travel reimbursements and other financial transactions.
- Complete internal and external online forms pertaining to grant applications and reports and assist faculty with the development of budget preparation, data compilation, expense forecasting, personnel needs, etc. during the grant preparation/submission process.
- Liaison with the Corporate, Foundation and Government Grants office and Grants Accounting office on submissions, extensions and end reporting.
- Monitor fiscal activities of grant funded projects and conduct analysis to identify/report on financial status of projects including compliance, forecasting, and project shortfalls.
- Provide data and narratives as necessary and provide recommendations and solutions regarding compliance and funding issues.
- Assist in compiling course offerings using CourseLeaf; liaison with departmental staff to manage crosslistings, edit material for course catalog and university publications.
- Assign advisors to student majors, update and maintain confidential student records.
- Coordinate the logistics for all department/program events (e.g., speakers and lecture series) to include scheduling, publicity, room reservations, travel and catering arrangements.
- Update and maintain website.
- May oversee student workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is a .86 FTE in the secretarial/clerical bargaining unit. The work schedule for this position is 32.5 hours per week during the academic year (46 weeks) and 11.50 hours per week for 6 weeks during the summer.
Associate Degree and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel and Email.
Previous experience using webpage management applications. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact collegially with individuals of different backgrounds.
Experience in higher education environment.
Previous budget and grant management experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Closing date August 6, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants for an administrative assistant or union position are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown