Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $2,912 - $3,087 per month
Full Classification Salary Range: $2,912 - $4,461 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here .
The Mail Clerk performs a variety of duties under immediate supervision. These duties include: collecting and processing of mail, operation of mail carts and computers. Use of postage meters and scales, and maintaining of records.
- Knowledge of shipping methods and techniques
- Knowledge of postal regulations and classifications
- Knowledge of general mathematical calculations; alphabetical, numerical and non-numerical filing, indexing and cross-reference methods
- Ability to learn and retain regulations and know all mail routes and stops
- Ability to assist campus departments regarding postal regulations and requirements for mail and shipping classifications
- Three or more years of commercial mail experience in a high-volume large customer base organization strongly preferred
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- One year of experience in general office clerical work, stock clerk work or delivery service work, or experience in a Post Office.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by July 21, 2021 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Jul 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fresno
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fresno
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Fresno
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fresno
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fresno