Assistant TAC Supervisor - Dispatch
Assistant TAC Supervisor - Dispatch
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The UVU Police Assistant TAC Supervisor receives incoming calls for service and dispatches officers, emergency personnel, and equipment as appropriate in both emergency and non-emergency call situations. Monitors police, parking, and UVU emergency response team radio transmissions and documents police service requests in an electronic records management and dispatch system. Ensures the safety of students, faculty, staff, employees, and officers through means of proper protocol and training. Maintains certifications and training necessary to function as a dispatcher. Under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor, the Assistant TAC assists the Dispatch Supervisor in ensuring all UVPD personnel are proficient, trained and up-to-date on all required BCI functions, certifications, and checks - both initially and during continued employment. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
High School Diploma and six months related experience or equivalent.
Must obtain BCI Basic TAC certification within six months of hire and maintain certification during employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of Police dispatch, and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)) operator functions.
* Knowledge of computer systems (Spillman) used in law enforcement agencies, including NCIC and related equipment.
* Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and to act resourcefully under varying conditions.
* Ability to work effectively with people in potentially volatile situations.
* Ability to cope effectively with stressful and demanding public interactions.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive administrative and legal information.
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with dispatchers, coworkers, faculty, staff, and students of UVU.
Skills in the principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
* Skills in basic operations, services, and activities of a training program.
* Skills with appropriate office procedures, methods, and equipment knowledge.
* Types a minimum of 40 wpm.
* Skills in the use of computers, phones, and radio systems.
Four+ years of dispatching experience.
EMD EFD, EPD, BLS, EMT, Utah Post Certification, UCJIS, BCI.
Four or more years in equivalent education and experience.
Work is normally performed in an office environment. Must be able to list up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $26,250 - $36,465
Advertisement Number: STA38921
Open Date: 07/02/2021
Review Start Date: 07/08/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23519
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.