Office Coordinator - School of Education
Office Coordinator - School of Education
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5875
Location: School of Education-MAT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full-time, (1.0 FTE)
Position Summary: The office coordinator supports the programs of the School of Education by performing a broad range of program support, office operations, and supervisory and budgetary responsibilities. The School of Education offers a Master of Arts in Teaching program, a Master of Education in Counseling program, and a minor in Education Studies (www.pugetsound.edu/education). Duties include providing first-line reception for the School of Education office; providing customer-focused service to prospective and current students, mentors, alumni, faculty and staff; creating and maintaining electronic data, supervising student staff; maintaining budget records; providing management of general office supplies and equipment; and completing other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Creates, organizes and maintains
electronic data including documentation, candidate work, handbooks,
contracts, faculty evaluations, meeting minutes, syllabi, mentor
information, alumni contact information, candidate placement
records, accreditation documentation, and other information as
Collaborates with the Certification
Officer to assure integrity of candidate data management
- Maintains and reconciles budget records, schedules expenditures, coordinates purchases and monitors request for disbursements to promote effective management of resources.
- Interviews, trains, and supervises student staff members on office procedures and ongoing projects that support the department faculty and records management tasks.
- Coordinates logistics, scheduling, catering, and reservations for department sponsored events
- Office reception and customer focused service for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and general public. Respond to inquiries by telephone, email, and in person. Oversees public areas of the department and provides management and maintenance of general office supplies and equipment. Provides general clerical support to the department faculty and candidates.
- Candidates must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree and experience in and knowledge of higher education desirable.
- Strong customer service orientation and outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and with empathy in sensitive situations.
- Ability to organize, produce, analyze, prioritize and problem-solve within a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions and multiple deadlines.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with PC and Mac applications.
- Numeric aptitude, significant experience in dealing with budgets and knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently and unsupervised. Ability to be self-directed and creative when given tasks.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft programs desirable.
- Experience in or interest in public education desirable.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
We acknowledge the richness
of commonalities and differences we share as a university
community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that
education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon
We aspire to create respect
for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our
campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our
University community through commitment to diversity in our
recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness
to active engagement among all members of our campus
We act to achieve an
environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full
educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to
prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA