Program Coordinator - Temporary
Program Coordinator - Temporary
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5879
Location: Dean of Students
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Temporary, part-time (0.5 FTE)
The Program Coordinator position will be a part time 6-12 month temporary position. The Program Coordinator main responsibilities will be to assist with the development of Orientation Leader Training and the implementation of new student orientation. The Program Coordinator will also assist with late night programming and leadership development initiatives.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- New Student Orientation Support
- Assist with Orientation Leader Training
- Logistics support for the New Student Orientation Program.
- Assist with hiring of student orientation coordinators and orientation leaders
- Other duties
- Active collaboration with Student Affairs and university colleagues to increase involvement in programs and opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree with leadership and/or involvement in undergraduate leadership activities. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- Ability to relate to diverse constituencies
- Commitment to liberal arts education
- Ability to speak and present in front of groups
- Ability to think and plan creatively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of word processing and desktop publishing
- Knowledge of University data base management and mainframe programs
- Ability to develop training and educational programs
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Occasionally lift/carry 1-20 pounds
- Frequent walking
- Frequently work outdoors
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the demands of a residential college campus
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment. All new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption.
We acknowledge the
richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university
community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that
education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon
We aspire to
create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key
characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity
of all parts of our University community through commitment to
diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a
spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our
We act to achieve
an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full
educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to
prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA