Assistant Director for Field Education - Online MSW Program
Assistant Director for Field Education - Online MSW (OMSW) Program
Responsible for the day to day administration of the field education program for the OMSW Program. Coordination with the assistant directors responsible for field education at the Hauppauge, Manhattan, Hudson Valley and Garden City campuses. Collaborates with the administrative team for the OMSW program. Organizes and facilitates the field orientation component of the Online MSW program residency.
REPORTS TO: Director of Field Education
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop and evaluate new and existing field agency settings.
- Conduct field education assessments for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of evaluation instruments for agency and student planning.
- Conducts placement planning meetings with students; facilitates and coordinates all field placement assignments.
- Supervise adjunct faculty serving as Faculty Field Liaisons, in collaboration with the Director of Field Education and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Provide consultation to faculty field liaisons working to support student success in field placements.
- Provides guidance to students experiencing challenges in field education.
- Collaborate with Faculty Field Liaisons to develop educational contracts for students who are not demonstrating progress in developing required competencies.
- Provide consultation to Faculty Field Liaisons on any continuing or unresolved student performance-related issue in field and work with the FFLs and Director of Field on any Academic Standard Committee referrals.
- Provides academic advisement to students entering the HSP program, pending the start of field instruction.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of faculty development for field instructors, educational coordinators, and faculty field liaisons.
- Review, revise, and approve employment-based field education plans.
- Serve on the Field Education Committee, and other School committees as assigned.
- Uses designated field education software to maintain a database of student placements and agencies.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of distance or out of state field placements.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, including students, faculty and field agency personnel.
- Commitment to social justice and anti-racist practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of social work practice.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in field instruction, training, and supervision.
- Ability to manage diverse student and agency workload.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Online Course Management Programs, Moodle, and Videoconferencing tools.
- Knowledge of the continuing education needs of the professional community.
- Ability to update the foundation and advanced field seminar course Moodle shells.
- Knowledge of program development and evaluation and ability to collaborate in the development and evaluation of the field component of the Online MSW program.
- M.S.W. (Masters in Social Work) from a CSWE accredited School of Social Work required.
- LMSW or LCSW.
- Minimum of 6 years post M.S.W. direct practice experience including 3 years of relevant supervisory and administrative experience preferred.
- Relevant experience in field education or related area(s) of social work education, and relevant experience in providing training to practitioners.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2566