Assistant Professor of Sociology
The Department of Sociology at Wingate University invites applications for a security-track position commencing in August 2021. A Ph.D. in sociology is required; ABD applicants will be considered for a visiting position that could evolve into a security-track position. In a security-track position, one is considered for professional security after six years of successful teaching. The successful applicant should specialize in medical sociology with the ability to also teach general courses in the discipline. The teaching expectation will be four courses per semester, which include medical sociology, social epidemiology, introduction to sociology, research methods, gender roles, sociology of the family, gerontology, social stratification, and the sociology of illness. Willingness to contribute to the undergraduate (BSPH) and graduate (MPH) public health programs will be viewed favorably. The mode of instruction for Fall of 2021 will be in-person.
Qualifications and Experience
- A doctorate in Sociology
- Advanced doctoral students at the ABD stage may also apply.
- Preference will be given to individuals with demonstrated experience in teaching.
- Training across sociology and public health disciplines is preferred.
- Priority will be given to applicants who submit materials by July 14th.
To apply, submit the following to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Geniece Mondé, Chair of the Sociology Department at email@example.com.
1) A current curriculum vita
2) A cover letter expressing reasons for your interest in the position, including an outline of core competencies
3) A statement of principles and vision regarding matters of campus inclusion and equity
4) Contact information for three references
Founded in 1896, Wingate University is a private, comprehensive institution offering students active learning opportunities through personalized instruction, world travel, career discovery, faith development, and community service. Located just outside of Charlotte, NC, Wingate offers 37 undergraduate majors as well as graduate and professional. The University is home to the Cannon College of Arts and Sciences; the Levine College of Health Sciences; the Byrum School of Business; and the College of Professional Studies, which includes the Thayer School of Education and the School of Sport Sciences. The University’s motto is “Faith, Knowledge, Service.” Learn more at www.wingate.edu.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Human Development & Family Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Sociology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wingate