Hourly - Office Assistant
Hourly - Office Assistant
Bridges to Adelphi
Secretarial and administrative support to the Bridges to Adelphi administration and staff. Assist current and potential students with inquiries, problems and general university policies and procedures. This position pays $15/hour.
REPORTS TO: Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Perform secretarial duties for Bridges Program administration and staff, as requested
- Answer incoming phone calls and maintain record of all calls
- Maintain confidential student records and files
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to all HIPPA and FERPA laws
- Handle inquiry calls and walk-ins regarding program
- Assist in keeping track of potential students for following semesters
- Send emails to students, staff, faculty and administrators, as requested
- Assist in scheduling support meetings for students
- Attend university training programs to remain proficient in using university technology.
- Perform other job related tasks, as requested
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of two years' general office and secretarial experience required.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2567