Job No: 496757
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Groundskeeper position supports the campus in general grounds and maintenance work, including grass cutting, weeding, landscaping, pest control, and event set-ups. Candidates should possess broad and general knowledge as well as experience in various aspects of groundskeeping and familiarity with regulations pertaining to use of herbicides and pesticides. This position reports to the Crew Leader or Supervisor and will generally interact with faculty, staff, students, Facilities trades personnel and outside contractors. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
● Primarily perform routine landscaping tasks within assigned areas including, but not limited to, weeding, pruning, and mulching, seeding, edging, trimming, planting, and applying herbicides, pesticides, chemicals, and fertilizers.
● Develop and execute plans to systematically cut grass within assigned geographical areas.
● Operate and maintain a variety of hand and motor driven tools and equipment.
● Perform general maintenance and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
● Support University special events as required including but not limited to, event set-ups, driving vehicles, and equipment, pest control, operating pressure washers, snow removal, and litter pick-up on campus.
● Work as a team member with others in coordinating all phases of work.
● Adhere to OSHA standards, employ safe practices, and follow safety policies/procedures. Use PPE in a safe manner, set examples for other, and notify supervisor of potential hazards.
● Support and promotes the University's sustainability efforts.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● One year of grounds maintenance experience, including demonstrated use of related tools and equipment.
● A current and valid driver's license.
● General knowledge and experience in various aspects of groundskeeping.
● Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written instructions and perform basic math calculations.
● Demonstrated ability to perform work in a safe and appropriate manner.
● Basic computer skills to use email and Workday.
● Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
This position is classified as part of essential services. Individual is required to report to work even if campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed otherwise by a supervisor or when the individual has concerns related to their personal safety.
● Continued or continuing education in vocational training or related areas.
● Pesticide License/Certification
● A valid Commercial Driver's License.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Ability to move around work sites, climb ladders, scaffolds and walkways, and enter/exit trenches, crawl spaces, confined areas, roofs, and elevated areas.
● Move, lift and carry up to 75 pounds unassisted.
● Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature changes. Position works indoors and outdoors.
● Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet, hand, and body protection.
● Use of mechanical and power equipment.
● Ability to work in all weather conditions in all seasons
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496757/groundskeeper