The Groundskeeper position supports the campus in general grounds
and maintenance work, including grass cutting, weeding,
landscaping, pest control, and event set-ups. Candidates should
possess broad and general knowledge as well as experience in
various aspects of groundskeeping and familiarity with regulations
pertaining to use of herbicides and pesticides. This position
reports to the Crew Leader or Supervisor and will generally
interact with faculty, staff, students, Facilities trades personnel
and outside contractors. This is a full-time, benefits eligible
● Primarily perform routine
landscaping tasks within assigned areas including, but not limited
to, weeding, pruning, and mulching, seeding, edging, trimming,
planting, and applying herbicides, pesticides, chemicals, and
● Develop and execute plans to systematically cut grass within
assigned geographical areas.
● Operate and maintain a variety of hand and motor driven tools and
● Perform general maintenance and preventive maintenance on
● Support University special events as required including but not
limited to, event set-ups, driving vehicles, and equipment, pest
control, operating pressure washers, snow removal, and litter
pick-up on campus.
● Work as a team member with others in coordinating all phases of
● Adhere to OSHA standards, employ safe practices, and follow
safety policies/procedures. Use PPE in a safe manner, set examples
for other, and notify supervisor of potential hazards.
● Support and promotes the University's sustainability
● Perform other duties as assigned.
One year of grounds maintenance experience, including
demonstrated use of related tools and equipment.
● A current and valid driver's license.
● General knowledge and experience in various aspects of
● Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written instructions
and perform basic math calculations.
● Demonstrated ability to perform work in a safe and appropriate
● Basic computer skills to use email and Workday.
● Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
This position is classified as part of essential services.
Individual is required to report to work even if campus has a
delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed
otherwise by a supervisor or when the individual has concerns
related to their personal safety.
● Continued or
continuing education in vocational training or related areas.
● Pesticide License/Certification
● A valid Commercial Driver's License.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Ability to move around work sites, climb ladders, scaffolds and
walkways, and enter/exit trenches, crawl spaces, confined areas,
roofs, and elevated areas.
● Move, lift and carry up to 75 pounds unassisted.
● Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature changes.
Position works indoors and outdoors.
● Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet,
hand, and body protection.
● Use of mechanical and power equipment.
● Ability to work in all weather conditions in all seasons
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496757/groundskeeper