Pediatric Cardiologist Associate Professor or Professor
Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics , Division of Pediatric Cardiology. We are seeking a senior level (Associate Professor or Professor) candidate to join our nationally ranked pediatric heart program.
- Superb working environment including 10 physicians and a commensurate group of NPs
- Collaborate with experts, including a world renowned pediatric cardiac surgeon, genetics, behavioral pediatrics and pediatric neurology and board certified adult congenital cardiologists
- Excellent collaborative research and leadership opportunities
- Strong inpatient and outpatient cardiology practice to include nine practice sites across the State of Maryland
- U.S. News & World Report top 50 Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Center!
- Full spectrum of care from prenatal and birth to childhood and adulthood, all in one hospital
- 19 bed PICU with dedicated cardiac ICU beds
- State of the art 52-bed Level IV NICU
- 6 bed IMC
- 29 general pediatric beds
- 20 bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Very competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Call schedule not more than 1 in 8
The University of Maryland Children's Hospital (UMCH) has a renowned Children’s Heart Program with dedicated cardiac PICU beds. We have recently expanded our critical care, neurology, and neonatology services providing opportunities for career development. We are also home to a pioneering artificial blood clinical research program.
We are located near the downtown Inner Harbor area, just one of Baltimore’s many outstanding attractions. From fine arts and orchestras to professional sports teams, first-class dining and shopping to a wealth of historical sites, our city offers a full range of recreational and cultural opportunities. Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City are within easy reach, as well as beaches to the east and mountains to the west. Educational excellence abounds, as do family-friendly neighborhoods and urban living options. Visit us online at www.ummsphysician.jobs to learn more.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
- Board Certified in Pediatric Cardiology
- NIH funded research investigator or i nterest in clinical and translational research preferred