Pediatric Critical Care
Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics , Division of Pediatric Critical Care. We are seeking a pediatric intensivist (Assistant or Associate Professor) to join our elite pediatric intensive care team.
- Superb working environment including 10 physicians, active pediatric critical care fellowship and an excellent group of NPs
- Collaborate with experts, including a world renowned pediatric cardiac surgeon, genetics, behavioral pediatrics and pediatric neurology and board certified adult congenital cardiologists
- Excellent collaborative research opportunities
- 19 bed PICU with dedicated cardiac ICU beds
- Supports a U.S. News & World Report top 50 Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Center!
- Accredited pediatric intensive care fellowship program
- Full spectrum of care from prenatal and birth to childhood and adulthood, all in one hospital
- State of the art 52-bed Level IV NICU
- 6 bed IMC
- Full service general pediatric beds and separate pediatric emergency unit
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Very competitive salary with bonus opportunity
The Pediatric Critical Care division of the University of Maryland Children's Hospital (UMCH) serves more than 1,000 patients per year with a 19-bed facility that provides expert multi-disciplinary care, and an active pediatric critical care transport system. In addition to providing clinical services for pediatric patients with life-threatening, complex medical conditions, the critical care service supports a patient/family-centered culture. The division has active research programs in global health and is also home to a pioneering research center investigating development of artificial blood and other aspects of blood physiology and hemostasis.
With a US News & World Report national ranking, the Children’s Heart Program at UMCH provides the most complex medical, interventional and surgical care for patients with congenital heart disease from infancy through adulthood, addressing a need for extended cardiac care from before birth through adulthood.
We are located near the downtown Inner Harbor area, just one of Baltimore’s many outstanding attractions. From fine arts and orchestras to professional sports teams, first-class dining and shopping to a wealth of historical sites, our city offers a full range of recreational and cultural opportunities. Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City are within easy reach, as well as beaches to the east and mountains to the west. Educational excellence abounds, as do family-friendly neighborhoods and urban living options. Visit us online at www.ummsphysician.jobs to learn more.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
- Board Certified in pediatric intensive care
- Additional training in pediatric cardiology/cardiac critical care preferred
- I nterest in clinical and translational research