Director, CourseGateway Program
EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu), the premier international higher education technology non-profit association, has an opportunity for an experienced Director to lead our CourseGateway Program. This position will be performed remotely as part of our fully virtual organization.
This role will have primary responsibility for the development and execution of a multi-year strategic roadmap for the development and sustainability of the CourseGateway.org, an initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to create a leading independent source for awareness, discovery, and selection of high-quality, equity-oriented postsecondary courseware and related services and resources.
The Director oversees funding and budget management, program and product development, content development, and partnership cultivation to holistically enable a resource designed to advance the grant’s priorities for improving learning outcomes for Black, Latinx, Indigenous students, and poverty-affected students. The Director will work closely with leadership and key stakeholders at EDUCAUSE, and have the support of EDUCAUSE marketing, information technology, and accounting departments. This position will also collaborate with strategic and corporate partners, the Every Learner Everywhere (ELE) network, and others to steward the development, production, effectiveness, and sustainability of CourseGateway.org.
We encourage you to apply if you have experience that is transferable, even if it’s not a perfect match. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Program Development and Strategy
- Lead the development and evolution of CourseGateway.org to be a broadly recognized, leading independent source for awareness, discovery, and selection of high-quality, equity-oriented postsecondary courseware and related services and resources.
- Develop the program’s 3-year strategic plan and ensure program deliverables are provided in compliance with grant requirements, interfacing at least monthly with BMGF to ensure continued alignment with BMGF goals and desired outcomes.
- Build the operational foundation needed to implement program strategy; fulfill talent and resource needs identified or defined by the grant.
- Ensure that equity goals defined by the grant are tracked and met.
- Collaborate with other segments of EDUCAUSE to identify relevance to and intersections with other EDUCAUSE activities to promote, grow, and extend the value of the CourseGateway platform.
Product Promotion and Outreach
- Represent and amplify CourseGateway’s vision, strategy, and impact through speaking engagements, publications, interviews, and participation in events or activities with national reach.
- Cultivate relationships with ELE, intermediaries in the BMGF postsecondary success strategy, suppliers, and influencers.
- Cultivate outsourced relationships including the courseware advisory board and the technical development team/contractors.
- In collaboration with the Partner Relationship Manager, develop the strategy for product- and content-level evaluations, inclusive of the courseware advisory board.
- Represent EDUCAUSE as needed with partners, audiences at relevant events, potential content contributors, and other communities of interest.
- Gather perspectives on product quality and implementation insights from stakeholder groups, including the courseware advisory board, faculty, digital learning experts, and student users.
- Develop and lead EDUCAUSE’s sustainability strategy for CourseGateway.
- Collaborate with other segments of EDUCAUSE to identify and develop new products and lines of business that support and extend CourseGateway.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships; oversee service level agreements.
Grant Management, Budget, and Reporting
- Develop a draft annual budget for executive, budget analyst, and grant funder consideration.
- Support the accounting team through budget tracking and expense reporting; conduct strategy level monitoring of expenses against funding sources and budgetary planning for operations and programming; initiate agreements on behalf of the CourseGateway portfolio.
- Lead the coordination, management, and dissemination of CourseGateway performance, information, findings/recommendations, outcomes/lessons learned, and project-related resources and materials by establishing transparent reporting protocols.
- Develop reports and financials as needed for the executive team, BMGF, other funders, and/or CourseGateway partner organizations.
Service and Support:
- Participate in EDUCAUSE events and activities as needed. Travel will be required to support EDUCAUSE conferences/events, team operations, and external events relevant to the position.
- Act as a departmental liaison with employees, members, volunteers, volunteer groups, and clients.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
EDUCAUSE recognizes that the unique backgrounds, talents, skills, and contributions of every individual improve and enhance the quality of the organization. We believe creating an environment where everyone belongs, and thrives, is our collective responsibility.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in grant management, program management, community organizing or advocacy
- Experience leading services and programs in the digital learning sector or equivalent
- Experience working with organizational or board leadership involving new product development
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will need a familiarity with current digital learning transformation issues, including knowledge of national trends in the definition and measurement of student outcomes and platform/product performance review.
Additionally, an understanding of technology-enabled reforms as well as practitioner experience in diverse learning environments is desirable. You must have a strong interest in digital learning resources, especially courseware, and be knowledgeable of current research and practices.
For technical skills, you will need to have a proven track record of efficient, effective, and innovative planning, developing, and managing technical projects in teaching, learning, and/or technology, including synthesizing and documenting the outcomes and information.
The Director should also have demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, with the ability to manage distributed staff and partners in a collaborative way to generate respect and trust.
What We Offer:
The anticipated salary range for this position begins at $125,000/year. This salary represents the minimum salary for a qualified candidate in this position. The actual salary offered to a candidate will be based on factors including but not limited to the depth and extent of relevant experience, education, and additional training/certifications for preferred skills. We ask for minimum salary requirements in our application to ensure we can meet candidate salary expectations; we do not base salaries on current compensation.
Salary is just one component of EDUCAUSE’s total compensation package for employees: we offer medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, three weeks paid vacation accrued annually, plus six days of personal time, nine paid holidays, professional development opportunities, internet connectivity allowance, and a retirement plan with generous employer matching.
At EDUCAUSE, we support those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology to advance strategic IT decision making at every level within higher education.
Our motto is “Uncommon thinking for the common good” because we bring the best research, professional development, and learning opportunities to our members. Our members look to EDUCAUSE as a valuable resource for information and networking, providing products and services designed by our community for our community. To our members, being part of EDUCAUSE means being part of a community that accomplishes more together than they ever could on their own.
To our staff, being part of EDUCAUSE means working with passionate colleagues to advance the future of higher education on a national level. Our staff is dedicated to showcasing innovation and practical advice to help IT professionals on campuses around the world be their best.
Get to Know EDUCAUSE - this video was filmed in 2018 at our former office in Louisville, Colorado before we became a fully virtual organization.
EDUCAUSE recognizes that the diverse backgrounds, talents, skills, and contributions of every individual improve and enhance the quality of the organization. Therefore, we are committed to building a culture that attracts and sustains a diverse mix of professionals who are passionate about the work they do. We work to recruit, develop, and retain talented staff from a broad and diverse candidate pool.
EDUCAUSE requires successful completion of background checks for all potential employees.
More searches like this
- Jobs Outside Academe Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Educational Service Providers Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.