Executive Director of Administrative Services and University Treasurer
The University of Central Missouri
Executive Director of Administrative Services and University Treasurer
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist The University of Central Missouri in their search for Executive Director of Administrative Services and University Treasurer.
The position oversees the Budget, Treasury, Risk Management, and Procurement functions for the University. The areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: planning, overseeing, and leading in the development, preparation, revision, and presentation of the University’s operating budget (approximately $175 million in revenues and expenditures); oversight of all University departmental budgets; preparation of State of Missouri legislative and governance reports related to budgetary
The position is also responsible for: investment activities; cash management; banking relationships; domestic and international wires; debt service payments; insurance; procurement operations; and monthly and interim financial reports as requested from the Board of Governors and the executive leadership of the university.
Finance and Administration provides quality, customer-oriented Financial, Facilities/Grounds and Human Resources support services for the campus community. Support services are provided in an efficient, effective and proactive manner utilizing university resources. The unit provides fiscal accountability and integrity in all university transactions.
Responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading the development of the University’s operating budget.
Interacts with the President, Chief Learning Officer, Vice-Presidents, Deans, Directors, and others in the development and management of their budgets.
Throughout the year, the Director of Budget and Finance continuously monitors the budget against actual financial results to identify budget variances and work with management on resolution. Meet regularly with department budget managers to review budgets and provide guidance, training and assistance as needed.
Oversee preparation of required reports for the State of Missouri-Office of Administration and the Missouri Department of Higher Education. This includes operating and capital appropriation requests, budgetary, and other financial information.
Works closely with Human Resources to provide planning and control and salary and benefit budgets.
Align financial resources with agreed upon institutional compensation goals.
Supervise one full-time, exempt Budget Analyst position
Procurement Functions of Bidding, Contracts, Vendor Payments, etc (20%)
Direct the Procurement operations that include $70 million in University purchases. This includes a staff of one Director and approximately eight exempt and non-exempt full-time employees plus three student workers.
- At fiscal year-end, ensure outstanding purchase requisitions and purchase orders are resolved and accruals are properly stated.
- Ensure that University Procurement Card guidelines are adhered to by the campus community.
Investment Purchases and Maturities (10%)
- Bid the University’s investments to optimize investment income. Review all investment purchases and maturities to ensure they are properly accounted in the Banner system.
- Manage the reconciliation of the bank’s custody reports to the University’s general ledger system.
- Ensure all investments are properly collateralized. Manage an overall investment portfolio of more than $60 million.
Preparation of Administrative and Legislative Reports (5%): Prepares and presents information to UCM’s Board of Governors, interacts with the Missouri Department of Higher Education, and prepares reports for the Missouri House of Representatives, Senate and Governor’s office.
Financial Projects as Assigned by the Vice President of Finance and Operations (10%)
- Prepare cost benefit analysis of various capital projects, divisional or auxiliary operational results as requested by the VP of Finance.
Cash Flow Projections and Management (5%)
- Analyze the University’s monthly cash needs to meet semi-monthly payroll payments, debt service payments, and weekly accounts payable disbursements in order to maximize the University’s investment income by minimizing cash balances and maximizing investment balances.
Banking Contracts and Relations (5%)
- Manage the University’s on-line banking system. Interact with bank personnel to resolve any deposit or disbursement issues.
- Research and utilize the latest technology such as On-Line Banking, Positive Pay etc.
Domestic and International Banking Wires (5%)
- Initiate and follow through with the University’s weekly domestic and international bank wires.
Budget Responsibility (5%)
- Total department budget, including personnel services & benefits (see budget book): $700,000
- Amount of sign-off authority: $50,000
- Budgetary Level: Manage Budget
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the following field(s) of study: Business, Management, Finance or Accounting required
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible budgeting, accounting, and/or finance experience required.
- Experience implementing and maintaining an ERP system.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software applications required.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, and Ellucian Banner
- Master’s degree in the following field(s) of study: Business or
- Five (5) years of governmental or higher education experienced
- Budgeting and Finance modules
- Knowledge of a university environment
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Budget-related skills
- Communication skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal
- Human Relations/Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills: organization/meeting facilitation/project leadership
- Supervisory skills, including motivation, delegation of duties, evaluation, etc.
- Management and/or administration skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
Other Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Mental skills, including concentration, memory, complex decision making, analytical thinking, and/or conceptual thinking.
- Knowledge of GASB and FASB.
- Strategically oriented and experienced financial planning and budget professional with superb analytic, critical thinking, leadership, management and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal contacts with internal and external individuals and groups.
The University of Central Missouri is an innovative school that offers a high-quality education while remaining one of the most affordable universities in the country.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, UCM is a state leader in program-specific accreditations through national associations, boasting the most accreditations among its competitors.
UCM is consistently ranked among the top regional universities in the Midwest and among leading public schools by U.S. News and World Report.
Student education extends beyond books to include service-learning projects, study abroad opportunities and real-world experiences. Plus, UCM is the state leader in degree completion among public universities. Statistics recently released by the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) show that UCM’s degree completion rate per full-time equivalent (FTE) is the highest among all of Missouri’s public universities and more than double the state benchmark.
UCM strives to give students the services, resources and support they need to experience academic success and earn their degree on time. Engaged learning. Future-focused academics. Culture of service. Worldly perspective. These are the building blocks that allow students to thrive at UCM—and into their future.
The University of Central Missouri is located in historic Warrensburg, about 60 miles east of Kansas City. Warrensburg is a safe community with a variety of unique restaurants, shops and other businesses. The newly renovated downtown district is just a five-minute walk from UCM’s beautiful college campus.
Warrensburg is a true college town offering access to the recreational facilities at the Community Center as well as the historic lake and resort of Pertle Springs. Warrensburg’s vibrant nightlife and music venues landed it on Movoto’s Top 10 Most Exciting Places in Missouri.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. You may apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyyy78l
To be considered, applications must be made through the application link and not emailed.
Review will begin upon receipt. Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Jennifer Muller, Academic Career & Executive Search at Jennifer@Acesrch.com
A comprehensive background check will be required prior to hiring.
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and specifically invites applications from women, minorities, veteran status and people with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Financial Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg