College Bursar Assistant II
COLLEGE BURSAR ASSISTANT II
Truman College is seeking a College Bursar Assistant II to join the Business Office. The Business Office is responsible for protecting the assets of the college by ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to while maintaining the financial integrity of the college. The Business Office is responsible for the receipt of revenues and disbursement of funds. The department also provides support in various areas such as contract compliance, procurement matters, student organization financial transactions, conference travel and grants management.
This position is responsible for maintaining PeopleSoft Student and Financial systems relating to student accounts including maintenance, bulling, and collection to students and external agencies.
- Responsible for the same duties as the College Bursar Assistant I.
- Distributes loan checks and refund checks.
- Maintains PeopleSoft Student and Financial systems as it pertains to student accounts and its interface.
- Maintains financial records of student receivables and promissory notes.
- Processes billing, collections, and refunding of student accounts to students and external agencies.
- Audits student accounts and prepares charges.
- Reviews daily bank deposits and daily cash reports.
- Monitors and processes cashiering batches and feeds into Student Financial System.
- Places hold on student accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes miscellaneous general ledger accounts pertaining to student receivables.
- Prepares and analyzes reports related to student accounts and cashiering.
- Responds to student inquiries and resolves problems related to charges and refunds.
- Processes third party billings.
- Assists in student registration activities.
- Trains College Bursar Assistant I.
- Performs related duties as required
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in general accounting and bookkeeping work; or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Good knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques. Good knowledge of accounting and auditing terminology. Knowledge of accounting software a plus.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accounting records. Ability to write simple financial statements and reports. Ability to supervise work of student assistants.
- Good organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills required
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website .
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Chicago Residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago