Lifeguard - Part-Time
LIFEGUARD – PART-TIME
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Lifeguard – Part-Time is responsible for water surveillance and swimming rule enforcements to ensure the safety of patrons.
- Provides water surveillance and enforces swimming rules to ensure the safety of patrons participating in recreational swimming activities, learn-to-swim classes, or competitive swim training, swim meets, or other aquatic facility activities.
- Watches for unusual activities on the part of swimmers and is able to recognize struggling swimmers, drowning swimmers, distressed swimmers, and swimmers with sudden medical conditions such as stroke, heart attack, asthma, diabetes, or seizures along with the ability to recognize potential emergency conditions or situations.
- Provides rapid response life-saving swim rescue and basic first-aid treatment and CPR administration, if required.
- Fills out incident report forms after accidents or injuries, proactively collecting witness names and numbers.
- Maintains safe and clean aquatic facilities along with proper maintenance of life-saving equipment and related materials and supplies.
- Participates in in-service training to maintain life guarding skills.
- Wears appropriate uniform, attire, and life-saving gear for the position.
- Exhibits public respect and enthusiasm as duties and
responsibilities are carried out in all work
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be in good physical and mental condition to provide life-saving services.
- Prior experience as junior lifeguard, certified lifeguard, or swimming instructor.
- Prior experience with and proficient use of lifesaving equipment; basic first aid kit, CPR mask, rescue buoy or rescue tube.
- Delivery of effective verbal and written communications and takes responsibility for understanding others, multilingual skills a plus.
- Flexibility to work outside normal college business hours, weekends, or holidays.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and respond calmly to high-pressure emergency situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work hours as needed for scheduled college events.
- Promotes a positive role model and favorable public image as City Colleges of Chicago representative.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago