Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: (1) an understanding of the college mission and teaching experience in a comprehensive community college; (2) a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; and (3) a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting, including on-line instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes.
MVCC is seeking to fill a full-time i n in our Office of Records and Registration. The Assistant Registrar assists the Director of Student Records and Registration/Registrar in the administration of the office and registration while maintaining all the student academic records as required by law. Works with Director and staff to establish and maintain excellent service. Assist with implementing and interpreting academic and administrative policies and procedures. Establishes and continuously revises processes and procedures to improve accuracy of records and create efficient work flows.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists with all Registration functions such as setting up and coordinating with other departments, and interpreting policy and procedures. Assists faculty, staff and students with questions regarding registrations, drop/adds, withdrawals, etc.;
- Assists in maintaining accurate student records across systems (such as Banner, OnBase, Degree Works, etc.) following SUNY, New York State and county guidelines. Serves as Records Management Officer for the college and FERPA Compliance Officer for the College;
- Assists during upgrades of systems, testing and working with technical staff to resolve issues. Implements and reviews procedures as a result of upgrades and system changes;
- Collaborates with college offices (such as Institutional Research and Analysis (IRA), Information Technology (IT), etc.) for internal/external reporting needs;
- Assists with end of semester processes (such as grades, academic progress, graduation certification, diploma mailing, etc. every semester;
- Assists the Director to oversee the evaluation and review of Transfer Credit and posting to the students’ records;
- Assists the Director in the maintenance of degree audit system (Degree Works), scribes new programs as needed and makes changes to programs and/or degree requirements as approved in the catalog;
- Maintains imaging system (OnBase) for the office, trains staff as needed. Works closely with IT to create new work flows to support the department’s needs;
- Works with IT to create ARGOS Reports to assist the office and
- Advises and assists students on college policies and procedures to provide excellent service;
- Provides accurate and timely certification of student enrollment and degree certification for the issuance of diplomas and other reporting needs;
- Supervises part-time employees, works with and trains staff to meet department objectives, trains staff as needed in the use of technology and FERPA regulations;
- Serves on committees as needed;
- Other related duties as it pertains to the job description and
assigned by the Director of Records and
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with diverse populations
- Effective written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office
- Multi-task and critical thinking abilities
- Master’s degree
- Three years of experience working in higher education
- Banner, Argos, and/or OnBase
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 7/25/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica