Clinical Administrative Specialist of Psychological Health and Performance
The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages applications for a Clinical Administrative Specialist of Psychological Health and Performance ! The Clinical Administrative Specialist (CAS) serves as the first point of contact for the Center for Psychological Health and Performance. CAS greets student-athletes, coaches, staff and other visitors and directs them as needed to the appropriate Psychological Health and Performance staff member; answers general questions regarding services, appointments, other offices in the athletic department; and interacts with tact, poise and professionalism. Additionally, CAS is the lead for social media development; manages data collection and analysis through Titanium, Kitman Labs, Presagia, and RedCap; provides technical support; and improves program and center efficiency and services. The CAS is an active member of the clinical management team and, as such, communication, effective interpersonal skills, and ability to manage urgent mental health situations are essential to this role.
Under the general direction of the Psychological Health and Performance Director, the CAS provides a welcoming space for student-athletes, staff and other visitors, and maintains compliance with all federal and state policies and regulations to include, but not limited to, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This position requires a high level of independent judgment and initiative, special attention to detail, knowledge and understanding of medical and psychological terminology, the application of appropriate clinical data management practices, and flexibility. The CAS communicates effectively, manages good working relationships with internal and external constituents, and works well with a diverse group of clients and professionals. The CAS position emphasizes handling sensitive and highly confidential information, inquiries, files and policy-related matters requiring the utmost discretion, tact and professionalism. In addition, the CAS will make, cancel and reschedule routine and emergency appointments using Titanium software and provide questionnaires to athletes as requested by Psychological Health and Performance clinical staff.
This position will input all meeting and appointment schedules into the Psychological Health and Performance (PHP) system; ensure schedules are current and updated daily; and assist PHP staff members with scheduling and rescheduling of appointments. The CAS communicates with PHP staff and follows special instructions related to athlete appointments and other tasks as assigned.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Reception & Scheduling:
- Serve as first point of contact for the Psychological Health and Performance. Greet student-athletes, coaches, staff and other visitors and direct them as needed to the appropriate Psychological Health and Performance staff member; answer general questions regarding services, appointments, other offices in the athletic department; interact with tact, poise and professionalism.
- Receive and screen phone calls for and respond timely and appropriately to inquiries; take messages and triage as needed.
- Provide welcoming space for student-athletes and react with poise and calm during urgent mental health situations.
- Manage calls from pharmacies and physicians’ offices related to psychiatric medication management with professionalism and discretion.
- Make, cancel and reschedule routine and emergency appointments using Titanium software; provide questionnaires to clients as requested by Psychological Health and Performance (PHP) clinical staff.
- Input all meeting and appointment schedules into the PHP system; ensure schedules are current and updated daily; assist PHP staff members with scheduling and rescheduling of appointments.
- Communicate with clinical staff and follow special instructions related to client appointments.
- Contact Public Safety to arrange student-athlete transport services when necessary.
Data Analysis and Management:
- Independently conduct data analysis as appropriate, to include several quality assurance projects.
- Develop and test clinical data in an electronic medical record system.
- Independently develop and revise data templates to improve client care processes.
- Work with Psychological Health and Performance to address issues affecting data quality and integrity such as missing data and data entry errors; investigate and recommend new methods for implementing, managing and improving medical records data collection and analysis; participate in planning meetings.
- Run specified clinical reports in Titanium to appropriately use in an Excel format to create graphs of aggregate, de-identified client data.
- Initiate and manage special projects related to clinical data needs of the Director, Associate and Assistant Directors, and the Psychological Health and Performance in general.
- Maintain existing clinical databases and create new databases for each area of clinical work, e.g., training, outreach, and emergency.
- Maintain Excel database of upcoming intake appointments, daily walk-in appointments, general Psychological Health and Performance information related to client utilization of services across center offerings, and additional information as requested by the Director; prepare and provide weekly reports for the Director.
- Perform accurate computer data entry in Excel, electronic medical records and other electronic database software; enter, manage and retrieve data as needed and generate clinical and statistical reports.
- Develop new tools as well as the maintenance and evolution of existing systems and processes involved in the collection, review, analysis, and storage of all clinical data.
- Assist with the utilization, coordination, troubleshooting, updating and maintenance of the Titanium software and database.
- Knowledge of Instagram and other social media platforms, including the use of Canva.
- Research and learn new or evolving computer programs applicable to the Psychological Health and Performance setting.
- Maintain accurate administrative and clinical files and records in Titanium, ProtoCall, and other athletic department software.
- Maintain and update the Psychological Health and Performance website; suggest and implement enhancements.
Medical/Psychological Records Management:
- Manage all pertinent Psychological Health and Performance client medical records, consents and other legal documents and maintain compliance with FERPA and IRB guidelines.
- Work with confidential psychological records including preparing, maintaining and updating client charts accurately, consistently and in a standard format.
- Design and implement record-keeping systems, forms, and procedures.
- Maintain files of former clients and manage the annual destruction of expired files according to American Psychological Association (APA) guidelines. Participate in the release of medical records in accordance with legal, ethical, and procedural requirements under the supervision and direction of the Director and/or Associate Director.
- Manage and conduct timely scanning of confidential client. documentation/correspondence into electronic record system.
- Secure the organization, location and confidentiality of client records and related files.
- Notify Psychological Health and Performance (PHP) director or appropriate PHP staff regarding unusual or unexpected events/problems requiring immediate consultation and/or intervention.
- Assist with training of new staff and psychology trainees.
- Prepare presentation data and information for high-level communications with other campus units and Athletic Department leadership.
- Coordinate administrative support functions, including appointment list for counseling appointments and staff on-call schedules; facilitate timely completion of administrative processes.
- Input client assessment information into Titanium; scan sensitive and confidential documentation and correspondence into electronic record's system.
- As needed, assist Associate Director, Clinical Care Coordinator with uploading ProtoCall/Helpline reports to database.
- Process electronic forms/payments, e.g., journal vouchers, vendor payments, honorariums, reimbursements, as needed.
- Manage/purchase office supplies and maintain office equipment, (e.g., copiers, printers, fax machines).
- Create, organize and maintain confidential files.
- Review, route and prioritize mail.
- Provide project support to Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director as needed.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range is $50,000- $63,000 annually.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines. Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Empowered. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years related experience in psychological or medical clinic setting. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
What You Will Need
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be sensitive to the needs of others and to maintain good public relations and communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and a diverse set of backgrounds required.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to take initiative on tasks required.
- Ability to understand and follow standards of confidentiality, discretion, professionalism, safety and risk management practices at all times required.
- Knowledge of and experience with office practices and procedures and the principles of office management.
- Experience in office operations including operating office machines, handling incoming and outgoing mail, postal and shipping services, answering phones, directing calls and taking messages; file maintenance, maintaining and updating supplies.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices and fluency in using standard office software packages, including advanced skills and knowledge of PC desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as e-mail and web search programs.
- Ability to train assigned staff regarding databases and clinical analytics, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of databases.
- Demonstrated project management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well independently, collaboratively and under supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently, analyze and interpret data, and make independent decisions in keeping with level of the position.
- Ability to work with people with possible cognitive impairment and/or physical disability, and handle emotionally distressed students and urgent counseling situations in a calm, empathetic, professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively advocate for Psychological Health and Performance needs with internal and external parties and to advance issues as appropriate.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge of psychological and psychiatric terminology preferred.
- Experience managing crisis situations and interpersonal dynamics in those situations.
- Solid understanding of customer service, administration, computer, and/or counseling center operations with skills and experience or responsibility in a psychological, medical or similar setting preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records, Titanium, Canva, Excel, RedCap, Adobe Creative Cloud programs and database software strongly preferred.
- Experience with building user-friendly methods for data entry and retrieval preferred.
- Experience with efficient aggregation of large datasets from multiple file sources and formats (Excel, csv, etc…) as well as preparing data for statistical analysis preferred.
- Ability to evaluate and lead development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs; one to two years of experience preferred.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 21, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Health Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder