About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College
serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent
immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission
is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals
through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs.
RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive
to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL,
and community education. The student population at the college is
diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury
Community College strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the President, manages the
day-to-day operations of the Office of the President, including
staff, schedules, correspondence, budgeting, and events. Under the
direction of the College President, the EA will support the Board
of Trustees and Foundation, as well as College internal and
external committees. The EA prioritizes communicating effectively,
in-person, in written communications, and virtually. In addition,
the EA to the President will coordinate official College visits
including accreditation teams, legislative officials, business
leaders, and international guests.
- Coordinate the President's calendar, ensuring that there is
appropriate time for meetings, special projects, board related
obligations, and other essential work.
- Research topics to ensure that the President is prepared for
meetings and other events.
- Arrange travel and logistics in support of the President's
- Develop responses to inquiries, prepares and coordinates
reports, documents, speeches, and meeting materials for the
- Coordinate college events and meetings at the direction of the
- Work directly with the RCC Board of Trustees to schedule
meetings, takes minutes during meetings, and disseminates
- Assist the President in maintaining positive relationships with
all constituents - internal and external.
- Assist students and others to resolve issues with the
The Executive Assistant to the
President reports to the College President.
Administrative staff in the
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Masters' Degree preferred)
- Five years of relevant experience, preferably in public higher
- High level integrity and discretion; must be able to maintain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; high level
writing skills, ability to professionally address individuals and
groups with poise and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with
ability to complete tasks and projects on time with accuracy and
- Project management and implementation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
ability to successfully use database applications.
- Sensitivity and commitment to quality service compatible within
an urban public community college setting.
- Ability to work extended hours (i.e. evening and weekend hours)
as needed for Board Meetings, Community Meetings and other related
Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with
experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time Non-Unit Professional (NUP) position. All
candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. All
offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent
upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background
checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered
a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services
to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation
package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you
should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but
not limited to:
The deadline for applications for this assignment is:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred
Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and
For more information you may visit us at www.rcc.mass.edu or
www.rcc.mass.edu/hr to find out more about employment at Roxbury
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age,
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual
orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX
of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other
applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits
sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or
complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or
sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative
Action or Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities
Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office
for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.