Executive Assistant to the President
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the President, manages the day-to-day operations of the Office of the President, including staff, schedules, correspondence, budgeting, and events. Under the direction of the College President, the EA will support the Board of Trustees and Foundation, as well as College internal and external committees. The EA prioritizes communicating effectively, in-person, in written communications, and virtually. In addition, the EA to the President will coordinate official College visits including accreditation teams, legislative officials, business leaders, and international guests.
- Coordinate the President's calendar, ensuring that there is appropriate time for meetings, special projects, board related obligations, and other essential work.
- Research topics to ensure that the President is prepared for meetings and other events.
- Arrange travel and logistics in support of the President's schedule.
- Develop responses to inquiries, prepares and coordinates reports, documents, speeches, and meeting materials for the President.
- Coordinate college events and meetings at the direction of the President.
- Work directly with the RCC Board of Trustees to schedule meetings, takes minutes during meetings, and disseminates information.
- Assist the President in maintaining positive relationships with all constituents - internal and external.
- Assist students and others to resolve issues with the College.
Supervision Received: The Executive Assistant to the President reports to the College President.
Supervision Exercised: Administrative staff in the President's Office.
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Masters' Degree preferred)
- Five years of relevant experience, preferably in public higher education administration.
- High level integrity and discretion; must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; high level writing skills, ability to professionally address individuals and groups with poise and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to complete tasks and projects on time with accuracy and quality.
- Project management and implementation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; ability to successfully use database applications.
- Sensitivity and commitment to quality service compatible within an urban public community college setting.
- Ability to work extended hours (i.e. evening and weekend hours) as needed for Board Meetings, Community Meetings and other related activities.
Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time Non-Unit Professional (NUP) position. All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
The deadline for applications for this assignment is: Open Until Filled.
For more information you may visit us at www.rcc.mass.edu or www.rcc.mass.edu/hr to find out more about employment at Roxbury Community College.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action or Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston